You will form part of a fast-paced APAC Product Group that drives the business towards future asset and revenue growth through development and implementation of investment solutions for intermediary, institutional as well as direct customers.
The APAC Product Group is part of the Global Product Group, which leads the development and delivery of FIL's Global Product Strategy. The APAC Product Group has a clear mandate to provide a high-quality product strategy that supports local and regional distribution strategies and positions FIL's APAC Business for growth in an evolving and competitive environment. The development, iteration, and syndication of our product strategies will transpire through effective collaboration with our distribution teams, our investment teams as well as with a range of additional internal and external stakeholders. The APAC Product Group also takes responsibility for product related decision making, life-cycle range management responsibilities as well as product related governance and thought leadership.
Purpose of your role
You will form part of a fast-paced APAC Product Group that drives the business towards future asset and revenue growth through development and implementation of investment solutions for intermediary, institutional as well as direct customers. We are looking for a candidate who will engage in all aspects of product strategy, ideation, design, planning, development, implementation, management, and market research. The candidate will be dedicated to the South Korea business while ensuring collaboration with the broader global product team as well as multiple teams and offices around the region. The position will be based in the Seoul office. The successful candidate will focus on the development and delivery of the product development agenda for FIL's South Korea business and provide added product specialist, commercial value to local distribution and marketing efforts.
- Own product strategy, product development, product delivery and product management for the South Korea business.
- Monitor and research market trends, asset flows, peer funds/strategies, new fund launches and to provide regular updates to the APAC product team and to the South Korea business on implications to future product development and distribution efforts.
- Host and participate in regular product development meetings with various business channels to discuss and review any matters in relation to product development, delivery and management.
- Have responsibility for key regulatory imposed investment-management based duties and requirements.
- Ensure operating and service model platforms are fit-for-purpose to enable best-in-class product development.
- Keep abreast of regulatory changes in South Korea and assess the implications to current and future product development.
- Build and maintain strong relationships through direct engagement and collaboration with the distribution and marketing teams in South Korea to help shape strategic product development.
- Develop and maintain strong connectivity with the APAC product team to become a respected, trusted and valued member of the APAC product team.
Experience and Qualifications Required
The ideal candidate possesses the following skills and experience:
- In-depth experience of the South Korean investment management industry and local regulation, preferably in a product development and/or management role.
- Pro-active mindset with ability to think strategically and commercially while maintaining an eye for detail.
- Structured approach with a solid project management experience of leading cross-functional, projects or initiatives.
- Self-starter who is entrepreneurial, flexible and ambitious who can deliver results and work as a core member of the South Korean business while also being a respected and material contributor to the APAC product team.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in Korean and English.
- CFA/MBA is a plus.
- Qualified Investment Expert (QIE) also a plus.