Network Systems Administrator, TriOptima
CME Group is the world's leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it, all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small. Joining our company gives you the opportunity to make a difference in global financial markets every day, whether you work on our industry-leading technology and risk management services, our benchmark products or in a corporate services area that helps us serve our customers better. We're small enough for you and your contributions to be known. But big enough for your ideas to make an impact. The pace is dynamic, the work is unlike any other firm in the business, and the possibilities are endless. Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we're looking for more.
To learn more about what a career at CME Group can offer you, visit us at www.wherefuturesaremade.com .
POSITION: System Engineer
DEPARTMENT: IT Infrastructure and Operations
REPORTING TO: Head of IT Infrastructure and Operations
WORKING HOURS: Normal office hours
TriOptima is a leader in developing services that monitor and reduce risk in the financial services industry. Our ever-changing scope of services places high demands on our technology team who are known for delivering award-winning tools.
As we expand our services and our client base, we are looking for a Network System Administrator to our Network Infrastructure Team to take care of routers, firewalls, switches, DDOS mitigation solution etc
We are looking for people passionate about technology and able to complete tasks in a cross functional team that works in an agile environment.
TriOptima employees should be open to using and learning a diverse set of tools that can change with the task. We are currently working with Infrastructure as code so RHEL, CentOS, Puppet, Ansible, Ceph & OpenStack are example of important tools for us, so knowledge about those would be beneficial.
You have a pragmatic take on System Operation & Administration and like to cooperate with others both within the team and with our developers.
You are a professional, dedicated and passionate about translating business needs into powerful and useful products.
- Works closely with our other Application- & Network-Infrastructure teams on critical issues by evaluating the problem, proposing and implementing resolutions, and partnering with other parts of technology as needed for the resolution.
- Solves problems creatively and communicate effectively.
- Lead in the troubleshooting of network-based issues, being able to clearly analyse the problem at hand while interfacing with other departments to organize and control incident response
- Capable of managing time well, and works efficiently without close supervision in a very dynamic environment.
- Ability to work on simultaneous change implementations, with a focus on automation, documentation and collaboration with other teams.
- Identifies and resolves performance issues and bottlenecks within the specified SLAs.
- Collaborates with our Information Security team to provide secure solutions.
- Operates as an outstanding team player, works well with others, and possesses a positive attitude.
- Ability to provide effective and timely solutions in a very fast-paced environment where multitasking and attention to detail is critical.
- Self-motivated and great under pressure.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- A strong desire to develop skills and continue to grow.
- Automation scripting skills.
- Understanding of Linux operating systems
- Configuration management and change management experience
- A Bachelor's/Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related discipline; or equivalent combination of education and relevant proven work experience that is required for the specific job title.
- Extensive in-depth knowledge and troubleshooting expertise of routing and switching protocols (OSPF, BGP, STP)
- Experience in network monitoring, packet capture tools or software defined networking
- Excellent understanding of security best practices in relation to all aspects of the network (Firewalls, Proxies, Penetration Scans, SSL, IPsec, Dot1x)
- Fundamental knowledge and theoretical understanding of software and hardware load balancers
- Experience with scripting languages and automation tools, with a focus on handling infrastructure as code.
- Big-picture understanding of the networking concepts behind virtual environments and various hybrid cloud initiatives
- Minimum 5 years relevant experience.