Senior Finance Business Controller - Northern Europe
- Stockholm, Stockholms, Sweden Stockholm Stockholms SE
- Permanent, Full time
- Apple Inc
- 12 Mar 18 2018-03-12
Join our Team: Apple is a place where extraordinary people gather to do their best work. Together we create products and experiences people once couldn’t have imagined — and now can’t imagine living without. If you’re excited by the idea of making a real impact, and joining a team where we pride ourselves in being one of the most diverse and inclusive companies in the world, a career with Apple might be your dream job… Just be prepared to dream big.
About Sales Finance: The successful candidate will become a member of the Sales Finance team at Apple. With employees based across EMEIA this team works with the Sales function to provide best in class commercial and financial support. Being part of the Sales Finance team means obsessing over the customer experience; when problem solving, stripping out what is not essential and focussing on what is; demanding the very best from yourself and the rest of the team; blazing the right path of action, zeroing in on what is critical and letting go of what isn’t; being part of a high performing team and connecting with others, asking for help when needed and going out of your way to help others succeed. Role Overview: This pivotal leadership role, based out of Stockholm, will support our Northern Europe operations and partner the business leaders across the region (Sweden, Denmark, Norway, Finland and Iceland). You will partner closely with the Regional Sales Director to support high quality decision making for units, revenue, investments and headcount planning, with a view to improving performance and maximising return. You will play a key role in developing and monitoring the key strategic initiatives that will drive the Country growth across all channel routes to market. This role will lead a team of 3 senior finance professionals and also provide leadership to the wider regional support teams (HR, legal, Tax, facilities).
Exceptional Finance grounding and understanding.
Strong understanding of Channel business models.
Demonstrable track record in leading change and business improvement.
Ability to deal with ambiguity.
Proven track record of successfully leading teams, (virtual and direct).
Innovative team based player.
Top tier communication and influencing skills.
Fluent in spoken and written English.
- Lead the quarterly, annual and strategic 3 year business planning processes for the region which focus on units, revenue, OPEX / investments, headcount and target setting.
- Business partner the senior sales leadership across the region, developing both the strategic goals as well as driving the operational execution.
- Actively participate in the fortnightly unit forecast process, ensuring key sales actions are being identified and executed to maximise opportunities and minimise risks.
- Create insight on regional business performance drivers and provide decision support.
- Actively identify and develop with the Sales teams demand generation plans that will maximise growth opportunities.
- Monitor return on investments, formulating and implementing recommendations as appropriate.
- Oversee channel expansion, development and rationalisation.
- Ensure robust control processes and compliance are maintained across all activities, including units, OPEX, deal desk, marketing development funds, point of sale investments and headcount planning.
- Support Global Finance Shared Services and Tax teams for recurring and investigative statutory matters.
- Support Credit & Collections teams with escalations and channel credit related matters.
- Lead and develop the Regional finance team.
- Provide guidance and coaching beyond functional responsibility.
- Leverage cross functional teams for optimal effectiveness.