- Basel, Basel-Stadt, Switzerland
- Permanent, Full time
- KPMG AG
- 14 Dec 17
Assistant Manager or Manager Global Accounts with a Life Science focus
Would you like to participate and lead some of the largest and most dynamic multinational companies in the life science environment? Our Basel audit group is actively looking for highly motivated individuals to join their team. In this challenging audit position you will be involved in and lead various projects.
Start date: As soon as possible
- Audits of multinational companies with headquarters in Switzerland in accordance with IFRS and US GAAP and Swiss subsidiaries of U.S. companies including reporting to KPMG U.S. and other group auditors
- Audits of spin-offs, disposals, opening balance sheets and acquired businesses in connection with various business combinations
- Other transaction based projects that require in depth IFRS and process expertise
- Potentially Accounting advisory and other advisory services to non-audit clients
- Strong knowledge of IFRS and group audits as well as desirable, but not a requirement, US GAAP, US GAAP/PCAOB and SEC requirements and US audit methodology.
- Minimum 3-4 years of recent audit experience either with KPMG or another Big 4 firm and proficiency in researching accounting and auditing issues
- Preferably accounting degree (Swiss CA, US CPA , ACCA or equivalent
- Strong project management skills
- Able to deliver high quality services under tight deadlines
- Highly motivated team player, curious, proactive and with a positive attitude
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and/or German
- Targeted career development and internal and external attractive training and further education options
- Possibilities for global and Switzerland-wide mobility across all sectors and locations
- 25-30 days of leave, option for compensation of overtime (with the exception of management staff); management staff receive an additional 4 to 6 days of leave
- Maternity leave of 16 weeks, paternity leave of 5 days and free advice from the external family service
Ancillary benefits may apply to certain positions (e.g. fixed-contract positions).
KPMG as an employer
A position in the Basel audit group will allow you to gain further valuable technical accounting and auditing experience in a dynamic international setting. If you are eager to broaden your experience and improve your skill set and résumé, we can offer you opportunities to realize your full potential.
KPMG is one of the leading financial audit and advisory services firms in the world. Its international network makes it possible for KPMG to offer clients clear and consistent solutions locally thanks to cross-border know-how. KPMG Switzerland advises both internationally active firms and regionally active SMEs. In addition to quality and industry knowledge, one thing is key for us: client proximity. Together with our clients and organised around their needs, we develop tailor-made solutions in the audit, tax and advisory fields, within the framework of the rules of independence.
+41 58 249 26 30
To apply for this vacancy, please provide your cover letter, CV and all relevant certificates. We look forward to receiving your application.