IT Project Manager
- Basel, Basel-Stadt, Switzerland
- Contract, Full time
- 18 Mar 19
IT Project Manager
For our client, a leading Life Sciences company with headquarters in the Basel area, Swisslinx are searching for a highly motivated Project Manager to join their Supply Chain Project Management Center of Excellence team on a contract that will run for one year with an extension already planned.
IT Project Manager
• Works closely with the PT stream-lead to organize, plan and structure the PT workstream.
• Develop a detailed project plan (e.g. in Smartsheet)
• Manage the delivery of the project, assign and track tasks and task completion, determine critical path and interdependencies.
• Drives the project according to IT Project Management Methodology (IT PMM) used for delivery of IT projects. Ensures milestones and related documentation requirements are understood by the team and delivered on time.
• Monitor and report regularly on the progress of the project against milestones, deliverables, timeline and budget.
• Identify project risks and issues and work with the WS Leader and team members to mitigate risks and resolve issues.
• Closely aligns the plans and methodologies with the PT PMO office
• Maintain relationship with Project Managers of the Nexus PMO to share learning and best practices and remain aware of inter-project connections, issues and opportunities.
• Help to assess the collective impact of PT projects on the PT organization. Drive change management activities across the organization, including preparing and executing change management work-shops, etc. Owns and develops material supporting the project and change management process.
• Supports the development of project status reports and general project presentations required for stakeholder management
• Engage the stakeholders, users, and other groups as necessary, to facilitate the discussion of the changes
• Owns & facilitates regular project meetings (core team, extended team, sounding board) incl. agenda, right audience and notes/minutes including action/decision log.
• Develops and maintains project document repositories, including team charter, contact lists and distribution lists (calendar and e-mail), agendas, minutes, RAID log (Risk, Assumptions, Issues, Dependencies and Change Log), STOP (situation, target, option, proposal) and project activities, milestones and deliverables
• +3 years of experience managing projects including global major ERP / process transformation programs
• +3 years of supply chain experience, ideally in planning
• Strong know-how of Project Management tools and MS Office suite
• Bachelor or Master degree in technical, business or pharmaceutical field
• Demonstrated delivery focus and execution
• Flexibility and adaptability to changing requirements
• Strong organizational skills
• Highly structured and reliable self-starter, able to deal with ambiguity
• Is interested to learn a functional domain and contribute over time in a functional way, too.
• Very good communication skills (writing)
• Fluent English
• Self-driven personality
• Analytical skills
This position offers a fantastic opportunity for a candidate to gain experience with one of the world's leading life sciences companies.
Would you like to learn more about this unique opportunity? Then please apply online. We look forward to hearing from you!
By applying for this position, I consent to the Swisslinx Group of companies:
- storing my personal information (including name, contact details, Identification and CV information etc.) on their internal or external servers for the purpose of informing me of potential employment opportunities
- using my personal information or
- supplying it to third parties upon express consent for the purpose of informing me of potential job opportunities
- transferring where applicable my personal information to a country outside the EEA/EFTA