- Competitive (3 years fixed-term contract)
- Basel, Basel-Stadt, Switzerland
- Contract, Full time
- Bank for International Settlements
- 21 May 18
Java and C/C# Developer, Trading Systems
Employment type: 3 years Fixed-term contract, Location: Basel, Switzerland
The BIS Banking IT team seeks an experienced business analyst developer specialising in trading and risk management systems. You will be working as part of a team of 10 responsible for trading applications, financial messaging and data warehousing. The Bank uses Openlink Findur with front-to-back office straight through processing.
You will have excellent programming skills in both Java and C/C# and will be well versed in financial instruments and methodologies, trade-related platforms and processes. You will have experience working closely with dealers to develop customisations for trading systems. Knowledge of Oracle databases and a keen interest in new technologies and methodologies would be a plus.
A corporate job title of Senior Business Analyst / Developer will be assigned.
Purpose of the job:
- Analyse, define and document business processes.
- Support the banking department in implementing and maintaining business applications.
- Guide and assist users with their development of business tools and small applications.
- Customise package business applications using internal scripting languages, and to develop small/medium size business applications, tools and interfaces.
- Undertake analysis of business processes and document business requirements for automation of operating procedures.
- Utilise banking business knowledge and technical skills to support end users in the development and maintenance of business tools and small applications and tools.
- Implement and customise package applications using internal scripting/macro languages and reporting tools.
- Develop bespoke small/medium size departmental business applications, interfaces and web based services.
- Ensure the Bank’s standards for system documentation, version control, change management, testing and backup/recovery are applied appropriately to departmental development.
- Maintain an overview of broad technological area of expertise, including market trends, or of changing business needs of the Banking department.
Qualification, experience and skills required:
- University-level degree in information management or computer science
- Excellent programming skills in both Java and C/C#
- Experience developing customisations for trading applications
- Good knowledge of financial instruments
Experience of OpenLink's Findur application and some experience of AVS/JVS/Tookit/OpenComponents
This is your opportunity to work in an international environment alongside colleagues from more than 60 countries. We offer competitive conditions of employment and can recruit globally regardless of nationality.
To find out more visit www.bis.org/careers
The Bank for International Settlements is a global forum for monetary and financial cooperation and a bank for central banks
Promoting global monetary and financial stability
Deadline for applications: 27/05/2018