M&A Associate / Project Manager
- Basel, Basel-Stadt, Switzerland
- Permanent, Full time
- F. Hoffmann-La Roche
- 08 Feb 18 2018-02-08
The Group Finance Business Development department is responsible for all Mergers and Acquisitions (M&A) for Roche. Responsibilities of the team include overall deal coordination, valuation, and negotiation. The team works closely with Divisional Business Development colleagues who coordinate the strategic assessment, scientific due diligence, forecasting and integration planning. Roche is a leader in Pharmaceuticals and in-vitro Diagnostics: it relies on an active M&A strategy in both segments as well as in Healthcare IT.
As part of Finance and reporting directly to the Head of Group M&A, you will work on Pharmaceuticals and Diagnostics acquisitions and divestments (“Deals”), as well as have the opportunity to work on Real Estate divestments. You will second the senior M&A Project Leader and be a full member of the core deal team. You will typically build the valuation models and perform the valuation assessment, conduct and coordinate the due diligence, interact with advisors and sellers, support the negotiations and prepare approval presentations for senior management.
This position will allow a highly motivated, autonomous/pro-active and skilled individual to evolve in a fast-paced, exciting and international environment, with insights into Roche’s external growth strategy and exposure to senior management.
Who you are
You’re someone who wants to influence your own development. You’re looking for a company where you have the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and geographies. Where a job title is not considered the final definition of who you are, but the starting point.
You will have a desire for hands-on involvement and the ability to cope with challenges and time pressure. You will have successfully completed a recognized top-tier university degree as well as a Master degree or MBA. In addition you will have between 3 to 6 years relevant work experience in either: investment banking, consulting or corporate M&A/BD roles. Prior Healthcare sector experience is a clear plus. In addition you will bring the following skills and experience:
- Strong analytical and modelling skills, with the ability to analyze company financials and perform multi-criteria valuations
- Good data gathering and organizational skills and ability to meet short deadlines
- Highest integrity and reliability with continuous attention to detail
- Self-starter personality to contribute to team dynamic and initiative taker with strong personal motivation and drive
- Business mindset and interest in Healthcare sector with aspiration to progress within Roche beyond M&A
- Excellent communication skills in English (oral & written). Additional languages are a plus
- Ability to work well under time pressure
Who we are
Basel is the headquarters of the Roche Group and one of its most important centres of pharmaceutical research. Over 8,500 people from approximately 90 countries work in Basel, which is one of Roche`s largest sites.