Senior System Engineer / Ingenieur
As one of the premier suppliers to our international banking client in Basel, Swisslinx are looking for an experienced and German speaking System Engineer with strong Windows Server/Desktop knowhow and understanding of other infrastructure technologies.
This is a rolling contract running initially until March 2021 with option to extend up to two years.
In business-critical role you will be responsible for ensuring the efficient, stable and secure operations of the underlying IT infrastructure supporting our client's building automation system.
You will work closely with a small outsourced team and providers, who ensure the day to day running and maintenance of the system. Acting as the main point of contact internally and externally, you will supervise the vendor(s) and work with them to implement changes and have the following responsibilities:
Supervision of the outsourced service provider(s):
• Ensures that the outsourced providers are delivering a high-level of service in-line with the contractual commitments and bank wide policies and procedures
• Act as the primary point of contact for the delivery of the service from the provider ensures that over-time the expectations of the outsource service provider(s) and the bank remain aligned and highlight any contractual implications.
IT Service Management:
• Works with the providers to ensure that the service management procedures for request, incident, problem, configuration and change management are aligned wherever possible with the standard procedures.
• Provides technical leadership for the IT infrastructure supporting the building automation systems and ensures that the evolution of the underlying technology is in line with other systems. Manages the interfaces between the systems and the core network. Ensures that the environment is patched and monitored according to the bank's standards.
Product and Project Management:
• Manages or participates in project activities impacting the IT infrastructure. Acts as the product manager for any software components required by the outsourced provider to enable them to deliver the services according to expectations.
Please note the role is not expected to take any responsibility for the building automation systems themselves, these are managed by a separate team.
As the ideal candidate, you would have a solid background carrying out systems engineering and possess the following skills:
• Proven track record as a Systems Engineer (5+ years experience) in an international environment
• Strong engineering experience with Windows Server and Desktop
• Experience with Active Directory and implementing Group Policies
• Experience with Virtualisation technologies, ideally VMWare ESXi
• Good knowledge of networking/firewall fundamentals
• Broad understanding of ITIL fundamentals and their application in a business environment
• Organizational and time management skills, accuracy, speed and attention to detail.
• Ability to effectively balance workload of providing excellent customer service while attending to ongoing operational tasks.
• Able to carry out assigned tasks in a professional, efficient and timely manner with a sense of ownership and follow through.
• Strong problem solving and team working skills.
• Strong communications skills to enable delivery of clear communication to different audiences, to manage customer expectations and service partner deliverables.
• Readiness to work outside normal working hours during
• Excellent command of English and German (written and spoken)
Are you interested to work in an international environment in one of the leading companies in Switzerland? Then apply now! We look forward to receiving your full application.
By applying for this position, I consent to the Swisslinx Group of companies:
- storing my personal information (including name, contact details, Identification and CV information etc.) on their internal or external servers for the purpose of informing me of potential employment opportunities
- using my personal information or
- supplying it to third parties upon express consent for the purpose of informing me of potential job opportunities
- transferring where applicable my personal information to a country outside the EEA/EFTA