Software Developer - C++ & UNIX (Solaris) (4912)
Our client is looking for an experienced developer with an open personality who will enjoy working as a developer and also give support to clients for existing systems when required.
- Development background using: C++, UNIX (Solaris), and a major RDBMS (relational database management system)
- Experience with shell scripting and Perl
- A solid understanding of standard change control policies and procedures and experience working in an IT environment with rigorous change control procedures
- Excellent organizational, problem solving, and written/verbal communication skills
- Track record of delivering to specification and to deadlines
- Experience with all phases of the systems development lifecycle
- Team player and proactive approach to work, leadership
- Sybase ASE (15) experience would be an advantage
- Take responsibility for changes that go through multiple tiers including feed processing, risk calculations and exposure reporting
- Design and implement new server functionality
- Write code to implement business logic
- Write and amend stored procedures in the Sybase/SQL Server databases
- Under the guidance of a Development Team Leader, work directly with allocated Project Managers, Business Analysts and external IT and business teams to implement change requests and new features
- Provide support for the existing systems where required
- Utilize standards, architectures, and processes to ensure that all code and development practices conform to company guidelines and industry best practices
- Participate in all aspects of the project lifecycle, following stringent rules and procedures for testing and promoting code in compliance with company change control processes
Please note: For this role you will need to be based in Bellinzona, Switzerland in order to provide support for out of business hours.
Are you ready for a new challenge and available immediately in Bellinzona/Switzerland? We look forward to receiving your application in MS-Word on email@example.com. For any questions, please contact us: +41 44 485 44 99.