Debt Investment Manager
- Berne, Bern, Switzerland
- Permanent, Full time
- 28 Sep 17 2017-09-28
A Swiss investment manager that invests in emerging markets private equity funds and financial institutions, is seeking an Investment Manager to work with its debt deal team out of its Bern office to commence in Q4 2017.
- Source and select debt investment opportunities in financial institutions (“FIs”): analyze financial, operational and social information to determine present and future performance of FIs.
- Conduct quantitative analysis and macroeconomic and political research to assess country and market risks.
- Lead the preparation of the due diligence on financial institutions and conduct on-site due-diligence visits.
- Lead the drafting of debt related investment papers (in English).
- Negotiate and prepare the loan documentation, and close the loan transactions.
- Monitor the financial and social performance of FIs, perform quarterly and annual analytical reviews, assess credit risk of the outstanding loans and contribute to the preparation of quarterly and annual management reports.
- Establish and maintain relationships with clients and key stakeholders (i.e. financial institutions management teams, private and public investors, brokers and advisors).
- Various ad hoc projects and administration tasks as required.
- Excellent written and spoken English; conversational knowledge of French or German.
- Undergraduate degree (finance related preferred).
- Strong financial analysis skills.
- At least 8 years of relevant work experience in the banking, impact investing or asset management sectors.
- Previous experience in financial institutions analysis, performing credit risk assessments and due diligences of FIs.
- Ability to travel outside of Switzerland (circa 15% -25%).
Other selection criteria
- Master degree in Finance, Business Administration or Economics (desirable).
- Knowledge and experience of the financial sector of some emerging or frontier markets.
- Additional language skills (such as Spanish).
- Self-motivated and proactive team player with strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills as well as sound business judgment to identify issues and present practical solutions.
- Ability to work in a multi-national and multi-cultural environment.
- Demonstrated interest in the area of impact investing, responsible investments and ESG standards.
- Experience living in and/or travelling to emerging markets (an asset). Bern, September 2017
Entry date: Q4 2017
Please send c.v. and one page motivation letter by e-mail to:
Please note that ONLY short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Please note that ONLY applicants holding a Swiss or European passport or a valid work permit will be considered.