Client Service Executive
- Geneva, Geneve, Switzerland
- Permanent, Full time
- HSBC Private Bank (Suisse) SA
- 13 Nov 17 2017-11-13
Please apply through the following link: https://hsbc.taleo.net/careersection/external/moresearch.ftl?lang=en-gb
Provides support to the Marketing function and Representative Offices in delivering high quality client service to customer base. Responsible for managing the processes associated with client transactions including new account openings, securities transactions, general account maintenance, customer account changes and account closings.
Customers / Stakeholders
- Maintain the highest standard of excellence in client service by attending to client enquiries and requests.
- Explain operational matters to clients. Develop client’s awareness, understanding and ability to comply with our operational requirements.
- Prompt and appropriate action taken to address client feedback/complaints.
- Manage the HSBC “Know Your Customer Program” and ensure that all client-service related activities are fully in compliance with the processes and procedures contained in it.
- Provide support to the Offshore Representative Offices; receive, manage and log faxed transaction instruction from Reps; answer calls from Reps and clients and provide guidance.
- Deliver fair outcomes for our customers and ensure own conduct maintains the orderly and transparent operation of financial markets.
Leadership & Teamwork
- Build and maintain positive and productive working relationships internally and externally.
Operational Effectiveness & Control:
- Ensure that any data input is dealt with in a timely manner and in correct and consistent format.
- Adhere to the selling process and sales quality requirements. Achieve compliance with all Group Standards, manuals and guidelines.
- Ensure smooth coordination with processing departments on migrated processes.
- Ensure that all credit applications meet deadlines.
Management of Risk
The jobholder will ensure the fair treatment of our customers is at the heart of everything we do, both personally and as an organisation.
This will be achieved by consistently displaying the behaviours that form part of the HSBC Values and culture and adhering to HSBC risk policies and procedures, including notification and escalation of any concerns and taking required action in relation to points raised by audit and/or external regulators.
The jobholder is responsible for managing and mitigating operational risks in their day to day operations. In executing these responsibilities, the Group has adopted risk management and internal control structure referred to as the ‘Three Lines of Defence’. The jobholder should ensure they understand their position within the Three Lines of Defence, and act accordingly in line with operational risk policy, escalating in a timely manner where they are unsure of actions required.
Through the implementation the Global AML, Sanctions and ABC Policies, supporting Guidance, and Line of Business Procedures the jobholder will make informed decisions in accordance with the core principles of HSBC's Financial Crime Risk Appetite.
The following statement is only for roles with core responsibilities in Operational Risk Management (Risk Owner, Control Owner, Risk Steward, BRCM, and Operational Risk Function
The jobholder has responsibility for overseeing and ensuring that Operational risks are managed in accordance with the Group Standards Manual, Risk FIM, & relevant guidelines & standards. The jobholder should comply with the detailed expectations and responsibilities for their core role in operational risk management through ensuring all actions take account of operational risks, and through using the Operational Risk Management Framework appropriately to manage those risks.
This will be achieved by:
- Continuously reassessing risks associated with the role and inherent in the business, taking account of changing economic or market conditions, legal and regulatory requirements, operating procedures and practices, management restructurings, and the impact of new technology.
- Ensuring all actions take account of the likelihood of operational risk occurring, addressing areas of concern in conjunction with Risk and relevant line colleagues, and also by ensuring that actions resulting from points raised by internal or external audits, and external regulators, are correctly implemented in a timely fashion.
Observation of Internal Controls
The jobholder will adhere to, and be able to demonstrate adherence to, internal controls and will implement the Group compliance policy by adhering to all relevant processes/procedures.
The term ‘compliance’ embraces all relevant financial services laws, rules and codes with which the business has to comply. This will be achieved by adherence to all relevant procedures, keeping appropriate records and, where appropriate, by the timely implementation of internal and external audit points, including issues raised by external regulators.
The following statement is only for roles with managerial or specific Compliance responsibilities
The jobholder will implement measures to contain compliance risk across the business area. This will be achieved by liaising with Compliance department about business initiatives at the earliest opportunity. Also and when applicable, by ensuring adequate resources are in place and training is provided, fostering a compliance culture and optimising relations with regulators.
Certifications, Qualifications & Experience
- Education business, finance, related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum of two years proven and progressive private banking or equivalent
- Proven customer service, communications, sales, analytical, organizational, and planning skills
- Good understanding of the major products/services available in the private banking industry
- Credit Skills – ideally obtained in an area dealing with HNW individuals/Business Banking
- IT Skills – knowledge of Microsoft Office Applicatioans and Avaloq
- Excellent communication skills
- A good team player with drive for success and achievement