Client Service Executive
- Geneva, Geneve, Switzerland
- Permanent, Full time
- HSBC Private Bank (Suisse) SA
- 09 Jan 18 2018-01-09
Role Purpose Provides support in delivering high quality client service to customer base. Responsible for managing the processes associated with client transactions including securities transactions, general account maintenance, customer account changes and account closings.
Customers / Stakeholders
- Maintain the highest standard of excellence in client service by attending to client enquiries and requests
- Explain operational matters to clients.
- Develop client’s awareness, understanding and ability to comply with our operational requirements.
- Prompt and appropriate action taken to address client feedback/complaints
- Ensure that all client-service related activities are fully in compliance with the processes and procedures contained in it.
- Apply bank’s decision with due diligence and respectful of the customer relationship.
Leadership & Teamwork
- Build and maintain positive and productive working relationships internally and externally
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- Ensure that any data input is dealt with in a timely manner and in correct and consistent format
- Adhere to the selling process and sales quality requirements. Achieve compliance with all Group Standards, manuals and guidelines
- Ensure smooth coordination with processing departments on migrated processes
- Dealing in an ever changing and stringent regulatory environment in certain jurisdictions
- Assist RMs in taking orders and preparing daily transactions accurately, promptly and completely
- Processing account closure in a timely manner, in full adherence with the HSBC Global Standards and account closing principles
- Managing difficult conversations with clients
- Supervised by RMs and Head of Special Account Management Taskforce
- Business vision, understanding of priorities, respect of procedures and legal environment
- Compliance and risk awareness, adherence to procedures, manuals and guidelines
- Networking power, in particular with other departments
Management of Risk
- Is aware of the Operational Risk scenario associated with the role and acts in a manner that takes account of operational risk considerations
- Understands, follows and demonstrates compliance with all relevant internal and external rules, regulations and procedures that apply to the conduct of the business in which one is involved, specifically Internal Controls and any Compliance policy including, inter alia, the Group Compliance policy
Observation of Internal Controls
- Maintains HSBC internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators.
- Understands, follows and demonstrates compliance with all relevant internal and external rules, regulations and procedures that apply to the conduct of the business in which the jobholder is involved, specifically Internal Controls and any Compliance policy including, inter alia, the Group Compliance policy.
Knowledge & Experience / Qualifications
- Minimum of four years proven and progressive private banking or equivalent
- Proven customer service, communications, sales, mathematical, analytical, organizational, and planning skills
- Good understanding of the major products/services available in the private banking industry
- Credit Skills – ideally obtained in an area dealing with HNW individuals/Business Banking
- IT Skills – knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications – Knowledge of Avaloq would be an asset
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work in stressful situations
- A very good team player with drive for success and achievement
- Fluent in English and French; other languages would be an asset