Client Tax Specialist - Vice President - International Tax Operations
J.P. Morgan Asset & Wealth Management, with client assets of $2.4 trillion, is a global leader in investment and wealth management. Its clients include institutions, high-net-worth individuals and retail investors in every major market throughout the world. The division offers investment management across all major asset classes including equities, fixed income, alternatives, multi-asset and money market funds. For individual investors, the business also provides retirement products and services, brokerage and banking services including trusts and estates, loans, mortgages and deposits. Purpose
You will produce tax reporting on capital gains and income as well as other specific tax reporting for clients. You will ensure each day that the tax treatment of our client's transactions meets the requirements of tax authorities. Jurisdictions covered - Includes German Tax, Italian Tax, UK Tax reporting & CRS , FATCA & US. Role & Responsibilities
- Tax reporting and/or withholding for various entities.
- Analyzing daily capital gains calculations and taxes. Analyzing & reconciling trade/transaction feed between accounting system and tax system to ensure accurate gain/loss reporting in tax packs/reports.
- Producing with a high level of quality annual and on-demand tax reports on capital gains and income for clients.
- Monitoring and implementing tax reform changes to meet the various jurisdiction tax requirements.
- Helping the team head to optimise production processes and contributing to the continual improvement of production tools.
- Ensuring the follow up of our client's requests.
- Project coordination and implementation. Represent tax operations in various forums.
- Risk & Control, build framework to monitor key controls, escalations, quality management, MIS
- Independent contributor with minimum supervision, able to drive tax topics on their own with stakeholders.
- Master's in Law, Business, Accounting and/or Economics.
- At least 7-10 years' experience in banking, especially in tax operations/reporting.
- Good working knowledge of International Tax operations. US, UK, CRS/FATCA, Local jurisdictions like France, Swiss, Germany etc.
- Excellent communication skills in English. Other languages will be a plus (French, German, Italian) .
- Working knowledge of Python would be a plus.
- Skilled user of MS Office (especially Excel). Working knowledge of Alteryx, Signavio, Access DB's will be a plus.
- Go getter and proven track record of managing tasks, topics and subjects from start to finish.
IPB2021 About Us
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world's most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs. About the Team
J.P. Morgan Asset & Wealth Management delivers industry-leading investment management and private banking solutions with client assets of $4 trillion. Asset Management provides individuals, advisors and institutions with strategies and expertise that span the full spectrum of asset classes through our global network of investment professionals. Wealth Management helps individuals, families and foundations take a more intentional approach to their wealth or finances to better define, focus and realize their goals.
Operations teams develop and manage innovative, secure service solutions to meet clients' needs globally. Developing and using the latest technology, teams work to deliver industry-leading capabilities to our clients and customers, making it easy and convenient to do business with the firm. Teams also drive growth by refining technology-driven customer and client experiences that put users first, providing an unparalleled experience.