Summary of Company
Gunvor is one of the largest independent energy trading companies in the world operating in over 100 countries, with its main trading offices in Geneva, Singapore, London, Dubai, Shanghai and Houston. Gunvor Group Ltd, the group holding company, is based in Nicosia, Cyprus. As one of the world's major independent commodity trading companies, Gunvor is a market leader in the trade, transport, storage and optimization of oil and other energy products. In 2020, Gunvor traded 191 million tons of commodities and generated revenue of USD 50 billion, with shareholders’ equity in excess of USD 2.0 billion.
Overview of the role
The Corporate Finance Manager closely works with the Head of Corporate Finance to maintain and/or implement adequate corporate credit facilities (incl. revolving credit facilities and capital markets instruments) and funding solutions for our assets and investments, based on the latest LMA standards and market practice. The candidate uses solid experience in wide range of financings to reach the ultimate goal of funding diversification and funding mix optimization.
The role requires excellent interpersonal and communication skills with our financing partners as well as with the teams internally to convey consistent information regarding the Group’s business, strategy, and goals.
The Corporate Finance Manager is part of the Corporate Finance team (Geneva) and reports to the Head of Corporate Finance. The role requires occasional travel.
The ongoing responsibilities of the Corporate Finance Manager include:
- To carry-out in a hands-on fashion, corporate and project financings (RCFs, term debt, asset-based financing, project financing), from the negotiation of key terms to the implementation of the facility, including term sheet negotiations, syndication, documentation process, signing and disbursement, follow up of loan repayment and related intragroup loan movements, waiver and amendment processes when necessary, with the assistance of the the Head of Corporate Finance when required.
- In respect of project or asset-based financings:
- To be responsible for financial modelling / review of financial models;
- To lead the due diligence processes (incl. technical, environmental, legal, tax, financial) and liaise with relevant people internally.
- To carry out debt diversification initiatives such as capital market transactions (bond) or private placements (USPP, Samurai loans, Schuldschein loans), with the assistance of the Head of Corporate Finance when required.
- To support and advise the M&A team on new projects/bids, propose optimal financial structure in line with the Group’s financial strategy and lead the financing process with banks or alternative lenders.
- To prepare internal/external presentations related to communication to banks and financing evaluation, including the Group’s annual information memorandum, presentations for banks meetings, site visits, etc.
- Review facility agreements (incl. amendments and refinancings) for transactions executed outside the Corporate Finance team and ensure consistency of corporate standards regarding covenants and undertakings.
- Contribute to improvements in external bank communication and ensure consistent messages and information distribution to financing counterparties.
- Prepare and execute due diligence meetings / reviews for financing partners.
- To assume an active role in strategic projects for corporate finance.
Profile / Key Skills:
Ideal candidate will have a minimum of 8 years’ experience in an investment banking / corporate finance / project finance, with demonstrable experience of the commodities / oil and gas sector. Project financing in renewable energies and/or DCM experience is a plus.
- A master’s or bachelor’s in relevant fields such as Business or Finance
- Excellent time management, organization, task prioritization, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work under pressure, to tight deadlines
- Hands-on and solution-oriented
- Team player with the ability to communicate and coordinate with multiple parties
- Strong accounting skills
- Strong financial modeling skills / strong MS Excel skills
- Solid valuation technical skillset, with a focus on cash flow modelling and analysis, including debt modelling
- Excellent capabilities in PowerPoint and other MS office applications
- Excellent oral/written communication skills
- Excellent English language skills, both written and spoken
- Motivated, reliable and self-starter
- Team player with a positive and entrepreneurial attitude