FCC AML Advisory Senior Compliance Officer
- Geneva, Geneve, Switzerland
- Permanent, Full time
- HSBC Private Bank (Suisse) SA
- 14 Feb 18 2018-02-14
To Apply for this role, Please visit our careers website: https://hsbc.taleo.net/careersection/external/moresearch.ftl?lang=en_GB
- As part of the Second Line of Defence, the role will consist of setting policy, give advice and provide independent challenge in the main areas of Client On-boarding, Periodic and Even Driven Reviews (PEDRs) as well as any other matters related to the FCC function. The person covering this role is expected to act as Subject Matter Expert and oversee and assess the risk management activities carried out by the First Line.
- To assist the first line of defence functions (Relationship Managers (RMs), Business Management, Client Lifecycle Management team (CLM), BRCM to meet applicable laws and regulations, internal standards and Group policies with respect to money laundering deterrence, prevention and detection.
- Provide support to the Head of FCC AML Advisory Team and Head of FCC when and where required;
- Represent the FCC function in different business forums and projects to ensure the FCC risk aspects are considered, appropriately managed and satisfactorily mitigated.
Impact on the Business
- Review policies, procedures and desk instruction manuals to ensure they are in line with legal regulatory requirements, Group policies and procedures and specific Group Private Banking requirements.
- Provide guidance and respond to the first line of defence on matters related to FCC and AB&C;
- Respond to requests received by the bank from third parties on matters related to FCC and AB&C;
- Participate where required in the affiliate Review process of Banks such as the review conducted by HBUS on a yearly basis;
- Prepare Training material and conduct the training sessions on all FCC related matters and topics.
- Review and if appropriate concur on )High Risk and Special Category Clients) new account opening requests and reclassification to ensure compliance with the local regulatory requirements as well as with the Group standards with respect to internal KYC policy (quality and depth), in particular:
- Conduct plausibility checks of the KYC profile prepared by the RMs and CLM.
- Ensure corroboration information provided by the RMs and the checks performed by CLM using outside sources such as World-Check, Lexis Nexis, etc. are appropriate
- Review and if appropriate concur on all PEDRs of Special Category Clients performed during the year.
- Assist and guide in the preparation of client analysis summary sheets for presentation to competent decision body (incl. DDC)
- Assist Head of FCC AML Advisory Team in monitoring changes to business practices and products to ensure that money laundering deterrence, prevention and detection procedures and controls are adequate to cover them.
- Provide support / guidance to:
- Front Office;
- Business Management
- Head of FCC and Head of FCC AML Advisory
- DOCO Administration
Leadership and Teamwork
- Collaborate with other team members, share common team objectives and values to promote a collaborative working environment, facilitating the sharing of ideas and knowledge to improve the Team’s level of understanding.
- Role holder to develop a network of contacts throughout the private bank to ensure advice and guidance is accurate
- The specialist nature of the role requires the Role holder to continuously challenge his/her own knowledge and to develop a continuous learning on and off the job.
- Manage were required compliance officers within the department
Operational Effectiveness and Control
- Ensure operational effectiveness and control standards are duly observed;
- Resolve any/all identified issues promptly and escalate concerns to Head of FCC AML Advisory Team and other FCC managers as appropriate to ensure timely awareness of any material concerns;
- Provide necessary support to Audit and Operational risk, ensure effective and timely implementation of audit issues, when required by the Head of FCC AML Advisroy Team
- Efficiently and regularly cooperate with the Front office and other stakeholders in order to spread Compliance culture, enforce Compliance requirements and respect the Front office business objectives according to the FCC risk appetite framework of the Group and the Bank.
- Perform at all times an adequate follow-up of the tasks in order to escalate potential issues in a timely manner.
- The officer’s functions will be primarily managed within HSBC Private Bank (Suisse) SA, but might be extended to projects/within the HSBC Private Bank globally.
- The Role reports to Head of FCC AML Advisory Team.
Management of Risk
- The FCC AML Advisory team play a central role in helping to ensure that those clients who represent a higher than average risk to the Bank’s ability to comply with regulations are detected and escalated accordingly. To this end any analysis should be undertaken independently and objectively, without fear or favour, and with a view to promoting HSBC ideals and values.
- Ensure compliance with HSBC and regulatory standards and policies; and optimize relations with regulators by addressing any issues.
- Responsible for the continual assessment of operational risks associated with the role and inherent in the business, taking account of changing economic or market conditions, legal and regulatory requirements, operating procedures and practices, management restructuring and the impact of new technology.
Knowledge & Experience / Qualifications
- Proven knowledge of and experience in applying legal and regulatory financial crime compliance requirements,
- Advanced understanding of Private Banking business with practical experience in Compliance, Audit or Operational Risk area, Legal background is an asset;
- Team manager and player who can build relationships within a big team and outside the Compliance function;
- Organizational skills;
- Analytical, well-informed and creative approach to problem-solving ability to work independently and to the highest level of accuracy and accountability;
- Computer and IT systems literate, good communication and writing skills;
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Fluent in English (written and spoken). German, French, Spanish, Arabic, Russian are preferred, further language skills are a plus.
Within HSBC certain roles are designated as Enhanced Vetting Roles. For these roles, all internal and external applicants are required (subject to local laws), to pass satisfactorily a series of additional checks both as part of the application process and, if successfully recruited into the Enhanced Vetting role, on an on-going basis. The Group reserves its position with regard to any steps which it may take in relation to any material adverse findings which arise either when the checks are first carried out as part of this recruitment exercise, and/or if relevant, on an ongoing basis.
This role has been designated as an Enhanced Vetting Role.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to creating a diverse environment.