An exciting opportunity for a qualified accountant to join a leading private bank in Geneva. You should have Swiss experience to include SNB regulatory reporting.
Finance Manager - Banking
Leading global bank offering tailormade services to its UHNW client base across private banking, as well as asset management, investment and commercial banking. With one of the best names in the business and a very strong and long commitment to its Swiss offices which are very well-established. This is a client that Finders know very well and work with often so have quite some influence so this should give added comfort to potential candidates applying via Finders.
Are you an experienced financial accountant with strong SNB financial reporting experience in a regulatory environment from banking? Do you seek to step up your career as part of a dynamic and busy team, coming in at the VP level? This could be a serious contender as your next career move.
Joining a busy team of six at the VP level, you will be heavily involved in corporate and financial accounting - banking sector. This position will provide opportunities for a young, dynamic and experienced accountant or financial controller to work on a variety of control environment review topics as well as Swiss financial regulatory and accounting matters. The role offers interaction with different regions, and exposure to management. It will be based in Geneva with reporting to the Controller. A very supportive and dynamic boss and one of the best banks in Geneva to join in terms of career opportunities.
Tasks will include, but not limited to:
- Maintaining the integrity of the Financial Statement and control environment review
- Swiss regulatory financial reporting
- Responsibilities in supporting the End of Month closing process and coordination
- Income statement and variance analysis
- Financial statements
- Compliance with corporate accounting policies
- Engage in the audit preparation under local GAAP
- Involvement in corporate tax return preparation
- Adhoc assistance on US regulatory financial reporting as well as corporate finance matters
- A minimum of 7 years of experience in Banking or Financial Services as an accountant/financial controller (from Bank, Big Four or Business Consulting companies - Swiss banking sector)
- Accounting or Financial degree strongly preferred
- Good knowledge of Swiss banking regulatory environment a must as well as FINMA regulations and circulars
- Experienced with Excel/Access skills required. FIRE experience a plus but not a must
- Strong soft skills with a lot of EQ and good at taking the lead on initiatives as well as being a positive team player with excellent communication skills
- Able to manage competing demands and meet tight deadlines
- Roll up sleeves approach and an open-minded
- Stress resistant with a positive, mature attitude
- Flexible and committed attittude - not afraid of some long hours
- Fluent English; French a very strong plus but not a must
- Eligible to work in Switzerland and already living and working in the local area (frontalier ok)