Financial Crimes Investigator Associate / VP
- Geneva, Geneve, Switzerland Geneva Geneve CH
- Permanent, Full time
- Badenoch & Clark (Switzerland)
- 15 Jul 18 2018-07-15
Associate and VP level positions available at top Private Bank to join a team who is responsible for detecting dubious activity and reporting these findings to law enforcement in coordination with the countries compliance
The Global Financial Crimes Compliance team is responsible for AML monitoring, providing advice for KYC requirements and sanctions screening.
The team is responsible for detecting dubious activity and reporting these findings to law enforcement in coordination with the countries compliance. Their aim is to stop clients from being onboarded/maintained that may result in money laundering or reputational risk.
The ensure that they will not facilitate transactions involving sanctioned countries, parties or individuals.
The team will work closely with counterparts in America, Asia and local EMEA in-country Compliance teams as well as client focused staff in Switzerland.
- Anti-Money Laundering (AML) monitoring and review of potentially dubious activities and investigations when necessary. Evaluate and execute a quality review of the information supplied by the Front Office on these transactions and on the KYC information available
- Perform research to identify whether activity is skeptical or abnormal.
- Escalation of unusual activity and exhibition of cases to the RRC and to the MLRO
- Ensure Sanctions exposure is assessed in a timely fashion
- Highlight risks to Management
- Training of new employees and continuing guidance to staff related to AML and KYC
- MIS - monthly reporting and other adhoc reports as required for senior management
- System Monitoring and Testing - ensure transactional monitoring and screening systems work precisely
- Experience in Private Banking
- Language capabilities: French, English fluently. Any other European languages a distinct advantage
- Several years of relevant experience of Compliance activities related to AML / Sanctions
- Knowledge of the swiss legal market
- Experience of Risk analysis processes and transactional review analysis
- Bachelor's degree
- Able to demonstrate experience working under pressure and hitting deadlines
- Ability to summarize complicated issues succinctly and propel reasonable results
- Strong decision-making skills - including escalation if appropriate
- Skill in Excel, particularly experience in handling volumes of quantitative data.
We build careers. We make it our business to connect our candidates with the right opportunities for them. Whether you're searching for a rewarding interim assignment or a long-term move, you'll have the support of one of the leading recruitment organisations in Switzerland. Badenoch & Clark is a subsidiary of The Adecco Group specialising in the placement of senior specialist, management and executive-level roles. Learn more about us on BadenochandClark.ch