Lead Analyst, Refined Copper
The Lead Analyst will be analyzing and evaluating fundamental, macro and market information with a logical and intellectual approach in order to provide regular and adhoc analysis to aid traders decision making process.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities, Key Responsibilities: Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- A detailed an technical understanding of the Refined Copper market
- Experience providing fundamentally based analysis to various stakeholders in the Copper industry
- Ability to give both high-level, strategic market overviews as well as providing deep level of detail into subsections of the refined copper market.
- Have an active interest in research & analysis techniques
- Strong technical skills would be beneficial such as Tableau, SQL, Python, R etc
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in statistics, mathematics, computer science, finance or economics
- Work with the traders in providing regular and adhoc analysis and research to enhance decision making
- Build and maintain supply and demand databases for refined copper and provide analysis on these markets in the form of presentations, notes, calls etc.
- The role will involve coordinating with traders around the regions to collect a large volume of data on copper demand globally. The analyst will need to manage the data into orderly spreadsheets and contribute to the forward views.
- In addition to monitoring different geographies and industries to contribute to global demand balances the analyst will need to keep track of reports, meeting notes and financing announcements to ensure we have solid understanding of the forward demand profile. The analyst will need to then provide price estimates to help inform forward price forecasts and commercial discussions.
- Develop and expand analytical tools and processes
- Ability to communicate effectively with traders and other stakeholders in the business
- Ability to work with traders to turn solid analysis into a support mechanism for idea and strategy development
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and thrive in a fast-paced team environment
- The ability to formulate and express in person and in writing a detailed, cohesive and credible outlook and view
Key Relationships and Department Overview: Key Relationships
- Head of Copper
- Head of Metals & Mining Research
This position will sit within the Metals & Mining Research team, this is a global team with product specialists supporting the various tradings desks in Geneva and globally and providing analysis based on fundamental and technical data. This position will be focussed on the Refined Copper markets.