Quant Research Analyst | Asset Management | Geneva, Switzerland
- CHF 120,000 - 140,000
- Geneva, Geneve, Switzerland
- Permanent, Full time
- Olive Delta
- 16 Oct 17 2017-10-16
The Quantitative Research Associate required by Global Asset Management company to conduct and communicate quantitative research and analysis, partnering closely with Quantitative Research Analysts and portfolio management professionals, in support of investment decision making process.
- Conduct and communicate quantitative research and analysis on markets, asset classes, factors and portfolios;
- Ability to gather, maintain and analyze economic and financial data in support of asset allocation modeling and analysis, factor analytics research and screening;
- Respond to questions and requests for analysis and expertise from team associates and other investment professionals;
- Responsibility to apply risk models in support of the investment process of multi-asset investment strategies, interpret output, understand differences, identify causes, explore alternatives, respond to questions and requests for in-depth analysis, as necessary;
- Participate in collaborative process-oriented quantitative research projects within QRA;
- Develop appropriate reporting where appropriate, execute it on a regular basis with periodic updates and refinements with diligence, focus and a high degree of quality control;
- Learn about new models, techniques, and processes and identify potential applications;
- Participate in the dissemination of these new ideas and applications.
- Excellent quantitative research skills, as evidenced by an advanced degree (MFE, MSc, PhD) in a mathematically robust discipline, e.g. econometrics, mathematical finance, statistics or physics;
- Excellent systems and computer skills, including a strong working knowledge of Excel, Matlab,
- Python or R; Bloomberg or FactSet a plus;
- Intellectual curiosity about financial markets, asset allocation and, investing and an understanding of quantitative financial concepts as they apply to portfolio construction, optimization, attribution and, derivatives is a plus. Existing knowledge of quantitative financial models and demonstrated ability to learn within a quantitative research role is preferred;
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills;
- Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills as well as the ability to effectively interact with a diverse group of associates including Investment Group, Results Analysis and IT;
- Must be able to meet daily deadlines and demonstrate excellent attention to detail and work well under tight time constraints with multiple priorities;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a highly collaborative environment;
- Self-motivated, takes initiatives and demonstrates commitment to continuously improve skills and self.