Quantitative Research Analyst
- Geneva, Geneve, Switzerland Geneva Geneve CH
- Permanent, Full time
- Finders SA
- 22 Jun 18 2018-06-22
Are you interested in pursuing your research career within finance and investments? You do not necessarily need finance experience for this job, as long as you have the relevant academic background and coding expertise - making this a very rare and on-off opportunity for a PhD-qualified, quantitative, young research analyst with strong coding skills to join leading investment management company in Geneva
A leading, global financial services institution, offering a broad range of products and services to include one of the largest mutual funds families, segregated funds as well as Luxembourg funds. A committed and long-established Geneva office which offers dynamic, flexible, low-key high flyers a very pleasant working environment and structured career path.
Are you about to complete your PhD and have an interest in the finance industry or else perhaps have had your first experience working in finance and are looking to consolidate on this?
This is a first-class opportunity to work in a leading Quantitative Research and Analytics (QRA) team. This is a global team and this role sits in Geneva, working closely with the other QRA teams in London the the USA, as well as working closely with the Investment Managers. The team provides rigorous peer-reviewed quantitative investment research, portfolio analysis and, support for portfolio construction, asset allocation and volatility managed processes. Your role will be to conduct quantitative research and analysis in support of the Group's fundamental investment decision making process. You will be involved in researching, developing and applying asset selection and timing approaches, asset allocation inputs and models, portfolio analysis and construction methodologies, using sophisticated quantitative techniques. In addition to being an active researcher in the team, you will be expected to be a key contributor to the coding capabilities of the team.
- 1-2 years' work experience/relevant experience
- Excellent quantitative research skills e.g. econometrics, mathematical finance statistics or physics: PhD is strongly preferred
- Existing knowledge of quantitative financial models and demonstrated ability to learn within a quantitative research role is preferred but not a must
- Proficiency in coding, with demonstrable experience in using Python or R
- Intellectual curiosity about financial markets, asset allocation and investing
- Excellent systems and computer skills, including a strong working knowledge of Excel; Barra, Axioma, Bloomberg, Aladdin or FactSet a plus
- Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills; ability to work independently and as part of a team in a highly collaborative environment
- Self-motivated who can take initiative and demonstrate commitment to continuously improve
- Swiss resident or strong desire to relocate to the Geneva region as well as eligible for Swiss work permit