The Senior Private banker – Islamic, will be primarily responsible for initiating contact with potential and existing High Net Worth (HNW) customers either by sourcing them directly or responding to referrals. Customers are likely to be HNW individuals resident in Qatar or other GCC
- Provide inputs to the Head of Private Banking for developing a credible set of Islamic products to attract and retain valuable customers and thereby increase market share and profitability
- Support Senior Managers in developing and implementing Islamic private banking strategy locally and in the Middle East.
- Develop and implement marketing strategies, in cooperation with the Head of Private Banking and Head of Sales & Marketing Unit, for the Islamic products and services offered by the department
- Maintain and expand the HNW customer base through introduction of innovative Islamic products backed by provision of superior services
- Ensure processes are in place for launch of new Islamic products tailored for the HNW customer segment, including the smooth launch of the same
- Establish and maintain existing customer accounts
- Ensure that agreed customer service levels are achieved.
- Maintain regular contact with valued customers within agreed travel and entertainment budget limits to strengthen relationships through personalized interaction and at the same time market Group Islamic products and services
- Keep in close contact with financial intermediaries and other business introducers
- As per Compliance Department requirement, review dormant accounts
- Ensure that agreed procedures governing Sharia the account opening operations and maintaining accounts are adhered to with respect to the documentary and other requirements, including the Swiss regulatory requirements
- Possess sound knowledge of the Sharia private banking business, its products and related risks together with a good knowledge of operations and control
- Takes responsibility for self-development as well as acquiring skills and knowledge required to fulfilment of one's duties by proactively identifying areas for professional development of self and undertake development activities
- Seek out opportunities to remain current with all developments in professional field
- Comply with all applicable legal, regulatory and internal compliance requirements including, but not limited to, the QNB Country Compliance manual; Group Compliance Policies and Procedures (Anti Money Laundering & Counter Terrorist Financing, Sanctions Policy, Data Protection Policy, Fraud Control Policy, Whistle Blowing Policy, Conflict of Interest and Insider Dealing Policy).
- University graduate preferably with a Major in Marketing, Islamic Banking, Finance, Accounting, Economics, Business Administration or Islamic Finance (related field of study), Masters preferred
- At least 10 years of relevant banking experience, preferably with at least 3 years at Islamic banking within a highly rated international bank preferred managing accounts/ relationships with HNW customers
- Well-informed of the market competitive structure, Islamic industry practices and any regulations for the private banking segment with at least 3 years experience in local environment
- Good oral and written communication skills in Arabic, English and French
- Extensive experience in private banking in the Middle East
- Good understanding of the type of products and services required and expected by HNW Middle East customers
- In-depth knowledge of products, services and delivery channels available to HNW customers.
- Superior people relationship skills and awareness of risk management concept and practices
- Responsible and motivated individual with the ability to make decisions and follow through with initiatives
- Planning, organizing and analytical ability