Senior credit structurer
- Geneva, Geneve, Switzerland Geneva Geneve CH
- Permanent, Full time
- Finders SA
- 19 Jul 18 2018-07-19
Exciting chance for an experienced credit structurer to join leading private bank in Geneva
A bank that Finders know very well, giving peace of mind to candidates applying. As one of the largest and most stable banks in their region, with a strong and long-established presence in Geneva. A supportive Management and a dynamic and friendly place to work. With one of the strongest credit ratings and balance sheets in the world, this bank offers sophisticated private banking services to their HNW and UHNW clients out of their busy Geneva subsidiary. Employees should be versatile and flexible, capable of taking on a lot, but who are in return given a lot of visability, flexibility and can have more of an impact on the business than in larger organisations. Working closely with the bank's offices globally.
To join a small but busy team, as an experienced senior credit specialist/credit structurer. You will be an autonomous team player who is flexible, open-minded and someone who can take initiative + have a dynamic and energetic approach. Workinng at a senior level with a great manager and supported also by 2 other credit specialists in the team who work more on the on the credit operations/administration side.
In summary, you will be in charge of the underwriting and recommendation for approval of the credit files based on the assessment of the counterparty risk, collateral quality, portfolio diversification, profile and capacity to enter into credit. You will provide oversight of an effective credit approval process within the Bank and be involved in the preparation of the complete Credit Application and related documents and analysis together with the follow-up on documentation, covenants and/or deficiencies when applicable together with the preparation of the annual review of the files. Working closely with Private Bankers on a regular basis to assess their business needs as well as working closely with Compliance & Risk Departments + the various Management Committees. As well as complex elements such as single stock lending and credit Lombard for special situations, you will also be involved in underwriting commercial real estate transactions and Islamic finance credit structures.
- Minimum 8 years' relevant experience as a credit advisor for private banking (credit Lombard) as well as at least some experience in asset finance and commercial real estate
- Deep knowledge and understanding of the Private Banking Products (such as mortgage, financing, guarantee/LC’s, FX/derivatives structures, single security lending)
- Middle East experience a plus - to include at least some Islamic financing experience
- Up to speed on all relevant banking regulations
- Detail-oriented, pro-active and able to work in a team but autonomously
- At ease in/able to adapt to a smaller structure
- Strong business ethics and ability to work under pressure
- At ease communicating and able to face off with Front Office
- Fluent English (both oral and written) as well as fluent French
- Strong IT skills, ideally Avaloq experience
- Swiss residency preferred but "frontalier" also considered
#creditstructuring #commercialrealestate #lombard #islamicfinance