- Geneva, Geneve, Switzerland
- Permanent, Full time
- HSBC Private Bank (Suisse) SA
- 02 Feb 18 2018-02-02
Tax Specialist - 0000A6S6
- Advise on all Swiss and international corporate tax matter arising in relation with the HSBC group entities located in Switzerland.
- Provide tax expertise on the group’s internal restructuring projects relating to the Private Bank
- Supervise the tax compliance process for HSBC companies in Switzerland
- Act as main point of contact for the bank’s related tax issues with the Federal & Cantonal tax authorities: prepare correspondences, memos and tax rulings, manage tax audits and information requests.
- Cooperate with Finance department as well as external auditors on tax related matters
- Supervise process with respect to payment of dividends with the Swiss Federal Tax Authorities (SFTA).
- Manage the transfer pricing policy and documentation in relation to the private banking entities
- Support the Luxemburg affiliate on corporate and transfer pricing matters
- Review the products and services offered by the bank from a tax standpoint
Customers / Stakeholders:
- Provide ongoing technical tax advisory support to wider finance and business stakeholders, as well as interpretation and training of new/upcoming financial and regulatory changes and the impact on the Bank.
- Support management to direct HSBC’s response to the external regulatory consultation process for tax related matters.
Leadership & Teamwork:
- Provide technical support into tax focused regulatory change projects and to participate in their working groups as appropriate.
- Develop relationships with peers at the HMRC and Regulatory bodies, including FCA, BoE and PRA.
- University degree in law or economics
- Minimum 4-5 years of Swiss and international corporate tax practice
- Experience within the financial services sector (either in-house FS tax experience or experience gained as external consultant/lawyer working for FS institutions).
- Good understanding of tax accounting rules
- Capability to work autonomously and under time pressure
- Fluency in spoken and written English and French; good knowledge of German helpful.