For our client, one of the most recognizable brands in the banking sector worldwide, Swisslinx are looking for a dynamic and highly motivated Data Engineer with initial experience of data analytics, good Python skills and interest in Big Data topics to join our client's innovative Analytics Team in Lausanne.
This is a rolling 12 month contract role starting ASAP with strong chance of extension or internalization.
As the successful candidate you will build and drive new and state of the art technologies in various fields. You will join a small team of 10 people working in data analysis, data sourcing, data engineering and visualization, who interface with a large Data Science team of 70+ people sat in Zurich. You will be part of an open-minded team with a strong team spirit that act in a high-performing and dynamic working environment.
The team is responsible for data sourcing and ingestion in the Big Data Lake for various projects. The candidate will be supported and directed by the partner team in ZÃ¼rich.
Your responsibilities will mainly consist of data sourcing and data integration tasks as well as the following:
- Data discovery and understanding in source systems, capturing metadata, mapping data elements to business data requirements and do data profiling
- Work closely with Data Owners, Business and Big Data Project team to clarify requirements
- Prepare technical connectivity specifications for the development team and implementation of data quality checks
- Serve as data subject matter expert during user acceptance testing and in discussions with IT stakeholders
- You will be part of an open-minded team with a strong team spirit that acts in a versatile, dynamic, and flexible working environment
As the ideal candidate you will bring a versatile technical skill set and strong academic qualifications who can fulfil as many of the following requirements as possible:
- Bachelor or Master Degree in Information Technology
- Technology background in databases and ability to write sophisticated SQL queries and query multiple data sources and tables
- Intermediate to advanced Python to be able to create & maintain python scripts as well as create a command line tool to automate tasks for production support
- Good understanding of Linux and knowledge of Bash
- Technical experience creating data structures on Hadoop nice to have
- Experience with Data Warehouse and Big Data technologies is a plus
- A strong sense of ownership and initiative
- Excellent problem solving and multi-tasking ability
- Fluency in English (French/German knowledge beneficial)
Our client offers a unique opportunity to work on high profile project within a new team using new technologies and are open to discuss flexible / agile working. We look forward to receiving your application!
By applying for this position, I consent to the Swisslinx Group of companies:
- storing my personal information (including name, contact details, Identification and CV information etc.) on their internal or external servers for the purpose of informing me of potential employment opportunities
- using my personal information or
- supplying it to third parties upon express consent for the purpose of informing me of potential job opportunities
- transferring where applicable my personal information to a country outside the EEA/EFTA