- Lugano, Ticino, Switzerland Lugano Ticino CH
- Permanent, Full time
- DXT Commodities SA
- 12 Mar 18 2018-03-12
DXT Commodities is looking for a Power Analyst to strengthen the analysis team that supports traders in the power desk. Applicants should hold an advanced degree in Mathematics, Physics, Quantitative Finance, Engineering or Computer Science and have at least two years of relevant working experience, preferably in a quantitative role in commodities trading.
The Analyst will work on the development and deployment of simulation models of European Power markets.
The position requires a passion for quantitative development but also strong business acumen, given the continuous interactions with Traders, Meteorologists, Analyst and IT developers.
This is an exciting opportunity to apply quantitative skills in a pure trading environment.
• Strong data analysis skills (Python, R)
• Practical knowledge of machine learning and numerical optimization techniques
• Basic knowledge of PL/SQL
• Basic experience in software development (C++/C#)
• Fluent in English , a second European language is a plus
• Permanent position
• A unique possibility to work in a young, dynamic, professional and rewarding environment
DXT is an international commodities trading house, leading player in the wholesale natural gas and power market. Founded in 2005 as DufEnergy Trading SA, affiliate of Duferco Group, in 2018 we have gone through a rebranding process and operate today on the market as DXT. Our successful performance led to expand our core businesses all over Europe and beyond.
DXT’s mission is to consolidate and further expand our integrated portfolio of commodities exploiting our trading expertise and focusing on innovation.