On behalf of our client, a reputable Swiss bank, Swisslinx are looking for an experienced Test Engineer to join a project based in Ticino, Switzerland.
Responsibilities will include:
- Cooperates closely with the Test Manager, other Test Engineers, the IT Owner, the Requirements Engineer, the Software Engineer and the IT Project Manager
-Coordinate with Requirement engineering and development team on day-to-day activities.
-Create test scenarios and design test cases including test automation using UFT or Selenium
-Run functional and non-functional tests on the application
-Capture and report any defects throughout test execution
-Perform initial analysis of failed tests and reporting of the results
-Maintain and update tests based on continuous feedback
-Provide the results of tests and analysis back to the development & BA teams
-Maintain test data & test environments
-Create, deploy and improve Quality Assurance processes throughout the project lifecycle
Essentials Skills and Qualifications:
-4 years of Quality Assurance and Testing professional experience
-Test Automation expertise with knowhow of UFT, Selenium tools
-JAVA knowhow or experience with Angular, Java 9 etc.
-Well versed with Agile Project Development and testing methodologies
-In-depth knowledge and experience in DB2 & Oracle database and SQL. Unix Scripting from testing perspective a plus.
-Inclination towards technology and good understanding of scripting languages
-Ability to define standard templates for test data strategy, test data definition, test data requirements, daily weekly & monthly reports & test data related metrics.
-Delivery focus & proactive approach towards quality, Analytical and problem solving skills
-Good knowledge of software design/test lifecycle and testing methodologies
-Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
-Willingness to take initiative & Flexibility & team-player attitude
-Experience in using JIRA and HP Quality Centre / ALM (or equivalent tools)
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
• Strong communication skills and ability to deal effectively with people face to face and over the phone across different cultures and time zones (off-shore)
• Strong negotiation skills, both with internal as well as external clients
• Interest and ability to learn and apply other technologies as needed
• Multiple years working in IT in the test engineer / test automation area
• Experience working in Credit Domain of Banking Industry
• Experience working in international projects
• MSc or BSc degree in IT
• ISTQB certification
• German and/or Italian language skills are an added value
If you are an Test engineer and are looking for your next role, please apply below! We look forward to receiving your application!
By applying for this position, I consent to the Swisslinx Group of companies:
- storing my personal information (including name, contact details, Identification and CV information etc.) on their internal or external servers for the purpose of informing me of potential employment opportunities
- using my personal information or
- supplying it to third parties upon express consent for the purpose of informing me of potential job opportunities
- transferring where applicable my personal information to a country outside the EEA/EFTA