- Permanent, Full time
- Page Personnel
- 15 Jun 18
AP/AR Accountant GER/EN - Neuchâtel
- Neuenburg, Neuchatel, Switzerland
- Full time
We are looking for a talented bilingual German and English, AP/AR Accountant ready to develops his/her GL skills to join an international company based in Neuchâtel area.
Our client in an international Swiss company based in Neuchâtel area.
- Receive, verify and process AP invoices and employee expense reports.
- Prepare AP payment orders, record all payments, and reconcile bank accounts.
- Accountable for reducing AR delinquency payments, via collection calls and/or correspondence. To resolve customer discrepancies and short payments.
- Responsible for monitoring, reconciling and maintaining customer accounts, as well to provide supporting Audit documents requested by the customers or by the Company,
- To process AR credit memos & record all customer payments.
- Maintain accounting ledgers by posting/reviewing and/or approving the posting of accounting transactions, ensuring transactions are processed in accordance with policies, applicable laws and regulations, generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP), and sound business practices.
- Prepares month end journal entries, reconciles bank and general ledger accounts and resolves account discrepancies by reconciling/reviewing reconciliation of statements and transactions, investigating documentation, and making corrections as required.
- Responds to financial inquiries by gathering, analyzing, summarizing, and interpreting data.
- Preparing financial statements inclusive of analyzing and investigating variances and summarizing date
- Assist and support the quarterly any yearly close process and provide cost and general ledger accounting support including operational management reporting, recording journal entries, account analysis and reconciliation, and actual vs. budget/forecast analysis.
- Ensure and verify transactions comply with accounting and financial policies and procedures, best practices, and government regulations
- To assist with VAT filing, both for swiss and foreign entities.
- You must be fluent in English and German. French is a plus.
- 3+ years accounting experience,
- Excellent communication skills, with outstanding ability to communicate effectively on the phone and emails projecting a friendly voice while communicating with customers
- High flexibility and acute sense of priorities
- Positive can-do attitude; team player with strong interpersonal skills and a strong work ethic
- Competence in MS Office applications, especially with Excel
- Experience with order entering in an ERP system
An exciting position offering you the opportunity to expand your accounting skills.