IT Software Engineer
Are you passionate about delivering and building robust Pega solutions? Do you have a curious nature, always interested in how to innovate? We're looking for someone like that to help us:
– analyze business requirements, design and implement solutions, and develop software components as defined by the systems development life cycle (SDLC)
– test unit and integration of components for integration into larger subsystems
– support the Software Component Manager in resolving high-priority defects and deploying fixes to production systems
– make sure that produced code is secure, stable and operational before handover to the Software Component Manager
– collaborate with other global IT teams
You'll be working in the Asset Managemenet IT Products team in Opfikon. Our team is building and maintaining solutions to manage and control UBS Global AM's investment funds during their lifetime.
Your experience and skills
- Certified Senior System Architect in Pega 6 or Pega 7- Strong understanding of Pega ; 3-5 years of experience using Pega
- Experience in various rules and features like Flows, Activities, User Interface, Flow Actions, Agents, SLA, Correspondence, Single-Sign-On, External Authentication, PRPC Security, Reports, Listeners (File, MQ), Connectors, REST and SOAP Services etc
- Experience in full PRPC implementation cycle including enterprise Class Structure design and Rulesets design
- Perform code reviews and ensure compliance with application quality, coding, UI and Corporate standards, including review alert logs, running pre-flight and PAL.
- Enforce best practices in PEGA architecture / design / coding
- Experience in working across multiple technology areas like Java, Python is essential
- Strong background in Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) design principles, execution patterns and performance optimization techniques
- Advanced to expert level knowledge and understanding of solution architecture, complex application system design and platform integration via modern approaches like (REST, SOAP etc)
- Exposure to master & reference data management technologies and data distribution solution like SmartCo is desirable.
- Channel specific solution architecture skills as required by assigned platform, such as web, mobile, voice or interactive media.
- Experience with enabling application specific cloud rollouts is expected
- Business capability domain knowledge relative to the financial services is desirable
- Demonstrate adoption of agile development practices and DevOps culture
- Ability to participate in prevention, diagnosis and resolution of system outages as an expert in underlying architecture
- Strong understanding of the Finance domain is a must.
- Strong leadership, mentoring, coaching and motivational skills
- Written and verbal communication should fluent in English
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
What we offer
Together. That's how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Why UBS? Video
Take the next step
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.