As part of the Global Risk Control activities involve contributing to any Risk Control process of the entities covered by the Global team:
- Analyze, model, and report market risk for all trading activities. Assess and monitor physical and financial trades, foreign exchange deals. Analyze mark-to-market valuations, risk positions, daily changes, and P/L results on a daily basis. Develop and maintain risk reporting/analytical tools to communicate position, P/L and market risk to traders and management.
- Generate daily trading P/L reports including MtM valuations of physical, derivatives and options trades with commentaries on daily changes. Provide with risk exposure report, VaR report, other market risks reports when requested. Check trade limits, determine risk mitigation measures in case the limit is breached.
- Coordinate and review deal and price in trading system by performing deal check, price validation, curve update, and data reconciliation. Monitor timely deal capture, internal trading limits, and risk policy requirements to ensure the representativeness and integrity of transactions in the trading system.
- Provide critical thinking around risk reporting processes, quantification, and analysis of commodity exposure and forward price movements for multi-products trading activities. Maintain, enhance, and review risk models. Test new risk calculations, evaluate model assumptions against fundamentals, and communicate suggested modeling/valuation enhancements to achieve better valuation and risk quantification. Communicate effectively with Front Office, Operation, Back Office and Finance team on inputs and assumption.
- Work closely with Traders to quantify and explain the sources of risk in their portfolios. Promote innovative ways of leveraging existing data monitor and manage their risks.
- Work closely with Back Office, Finance, Credit, Legal & Compliance, Front-Office to improve the flow of data across department and the accuracy of analysis.
- Support, identify, and assist in implement of process improvement, from IT system implementations to desk level process. Identify and communicate operational risk, define risk mitigating measures and priorities.
- Conduct credit risk assessment of counterparties, provide with the final consolidated ratings. Calculate credit limits for Credit Committee approval.
- Swiss Citizenship or one of EU-8 or EU-17 or EFTA countries;
- 3 - 5 years’ experience within a similar position in commodity trading industry.
- Degree qualified in Engineering / Math / Finance or quantitative discipline.
- Comprehensive understanding of risk management methodologies and valuation models.
- High levels of numeracy and computer literacy.
- High degree of accuracy and efficiency under set deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- High levels of flexibility with regard working hours.
- Strong communicator with ability to manage multiple competing deadlines.
- Preference for those with experience within Coal trading.
- Strong MS Excel knowledge is a must.
- Languages: English fluent, Russian language could be an extra plus but not mandatory.
- Full-time employment in the head-quarters of SUEK AG in the city of St. Gallen;
- Working in a friendly, professional team, with interesting & challenging tasks;
- Opportunities for professional development.
This role represents a great opportunity within a dynamic, challenging and professional environment. If you are interested and meet the selection criteria, please send your CV and application letter indicating the position to email.