IT Operations Engineer
Partners Group is a global private markets investment manager, serving over 900 institutional investors. We have USD 94 billion in assets under management and more than 1,400 professionals across 20 offices worldwide. We realize potential in private markets by financing and developing great companies, desirable real estate and essential infrastructure. We create value in our investments through active and long-term responsible ownership. What it's about
What we expect
- Maintain and optimize infrastructure services
- Automating repetitive and monotonous tasks
- Assess system performance and recommend improvements
- Ensure operational compliance with system security policies and procedures; backup and recovery procedures; system maintenance procedures.
- Perform common daily monitoring, maintenance and support tasks to critical infrastructure components.
- Provide escalated support to other support teams and monitor alerts. REQUIRES FLEXIBILITY during out of hours when managing Major Incidents
- Manage escalated incidents, whether they are service failures or user complaints, to a satisfactory conclusion, working with supplier or internal support functions to identify root causes and implementing improvements.
- Ensure and Update detailed inventory and configuration documentation
- Facilitate system upgrades; ensuring operational readiness once installed.
- Update the maintenance schedule and coordinate change management activities
- Availability and capacity management
- Collaborate with third-party support and service vendors to ensure services are operational
- Create and maintain documentation for processes, standards and procedures related to change, incident and problem management.
- For this challenging position, we are looking for a person with a tertiary qualification in IT or a related field and at least 5 years of experience in a large and well-structured IT environment.
- Strong IT infrastructure background (cloud, virtualization, security and network services). Vendor certificates from Microsoft, VMWare, AWS, Azure or others are a benefit.
- Competent and proficient understanding of business solutions.
- Organizational and time-management skills.
- Good language skills in English (written/oral).