Private Equity Research Analyst
- Zug, Switzerland Zug Zug CH
- Permanent, Full time
- Partners Group AG
- 18 Jun 18 2018-06-18
We are one of the largest global private markets investment managers, serving over 1000 institutional investors worldwide. We have USD 74 billion in assets under management and more than 1000 professionals across 19 offices worldwide. Partners Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to cultural diversity.
What it's about
In this position you will be responsible for tracking and communicating major trends in the Financials & Business Services industry to contribute to the PG house view of industries, and identify investable privately-own companies. You will work alongside the deal teams to source, assess, execute, monitor and exit private equity transactions. We are looking for an individual with strong public equity experience in the Financials & Business Services space, with an interest to move into private equity.
The Three Core Responsibilities
Thematic research: Track secular growth trends and establish a PG house view in the Financials & Business Services industry. Develop deep understanding of transformative changes in key segments.
Theme driven sourcing: Identify investable privately owned companies, and work closely with the deal team to develop investment ideas in high conviction segments.
Comparable analysis and public equity trading color: Provide relevant comparables in the deal process. Provide public equity trading color, re-rating / de-rating catalysts.
Tasks and duties include
- Conduct own research, manage and review third party industry research to create and update industry maps and comp sets.
- Establish and communicate industry house view.
- Attend industry conferences, leverage PG platform knowledge to identify investable companies.
- Work closely with deal team to develop investment ideas.
- Provide public market trading perspectives on deals and assets, such as valuation methodology, catalysts for rating changes, and relative value through cycles.
What we expect
- Undergraduate degree plus 5-8 years of public equity research experience in buy-side or sell-side.
- At least 5 years covering business services or commercial services stocks in Europe.
- Ability to quickly digest and communicate complex ideas.
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication, able to network internally and externally.
- A self-motivated person, able to manage effectively and complete tasks in demanding timelines and with competing priorities