- Zurich, Switzerland
- Permanent, Full time
- KPMG AG
- 23 Jul 18
Assistant Manager Insurance Finance Transformation
We are looking for a qualified accountant with IFRS expertise to be a part of our growing Insurance Finance Transformation team.
Start date: As soon as possible
- Advise insurance clients with technical accounting and IFRS 17 topics within financial management, claims finance, underwriting finance etc.
- Lead independent Workstreams within Finance Transformation initiatives
- Work with the client to create pragmatic solutions to their financial accounting, process and systems challenges
- Define and break down complex structures into digestible and relevant points for audiences at all levels (accounting staff to senior finance leaders)
- Assist in new business proposals by identifying and shaping future transformation programs
- Degree-level education and preferably accounting or controlling qualification e.g. CIMA, CIA or ACCA (DiplFR)
- At least 3-7 years of experience in Financial Reporting, Corporate Finance and/or Financial Reporting within the (re)insurance industry
- Preferably consultancy experience including customer-facing advisory experience
- In depth IFRS know-how, good understanding of the industry trends and at a minimum first exposure with IFRS 17
- Solid accounting policy / process analysis skills combined with strong delivery focus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and German
- Targeted career development and internal and external attractive training and further education options
- Possibilities for global and Switzerland-wide mobility across all sectors and locations
- 25-30 days of leave, option for compensation of overtime (with the exception of management staff); management staff receive an additional 4 to 6 days of leave
- Maternity leave of 16 weeks, paternity leave of 5 days and free advice from the external family service
Ancillary benefits may apply to certain positions (e.g. fixed-contract positions).
KPMG as an employer
You will be joining a growth area, which is an object of strategic focus from senior KPMG leaders. You will work with leading Swiss and multi-national (re)insurance companies on a wide variety of finance and regulatory change initiatives sponsored by C-level clients. Joining a team that shapes and steers KPMG's strategy and approach to insurance finance transformation, you will support developing and managing relationships with client contacts, delivering consulting engagements and providing thought leadership. There is significant scope for personal and professional growth.
KPMG is one of the leading financial audit and advisory services firms in the world. Its international network makes it possible for KPMG to offer clients clear and consistent solutions locally thanks to cross-border know-how. KPMG Switzerland advises both internationally active firms and regionally active SMEs. In addition to quality and industry knowledge, one thing is key for us: client proximity. Together with our clients and organised around their needs, we develop tailor-made solutions in the audit, tax and advisory fields, within the framework of the rules of independence.
+41 58 249 26 30
To apply for this vacancy, please provide your cover letter, CV and all relevant certificates. We look forward to receiving your application.