About our client
Our client is an innovative InsurTech.
On behalf of our client, Swisslinx is currently looking for a Backend Engineer.
This is a permanent role based in ZÃ¼rich.
Your mission -Design and implement new features and/or components within our platform and develop prototypes quickly to allow an iterative approach
- Deliver high-quality code, focusing on simplicity, performance, maintainability and scalability
- End-to-end responsibility on the applications implemented, including monitoring, identifying issues or bottlenecks and delivering improvements of the platform
- Optimise applications and components to maximize speed and efficiency, ease of development of new features and the ability to scale business processes
- Create common libraries and frameworks demonstrated across the platform to streamline development of complex applications
Your background - 5+ years hands-on experience in any modern language (Java/ Kotlin/ Scala/ C++ /C# /Go /Python etc.)
- Experience with high-traffic micro services architectures
- Best practices around designing, scaling and monitoring concurrent systems (using different technologies and preferably RESTful APIs and message passing protocols)
- You carefully evaluate design trade-offs and strive for simple, elegant, algorithmically efficient solutions
- Your code is easy to read, test and re-use and you constantly improve quality overtime
- You understand performance metrics, how to collect and use them to continuously improve performance, scalability and efficiency
- Experience designing data-models for relational and NoSQL data stores
- Great team player
- Continuous learner who stays up-to-date with the latest trends and carefully vet with proper pragmatism and long term vision the adoption of new technologies
- Ability to speak and write English fluently
What's on offer - Work in a challenging environment
- Multi-cultural team
If you think of yourself as a highly motivated, ambitious person, please apply via email: firstname.lastname@example.org . For further information, do not hesitate to contact us: +41 (0)58 268 10 40.
By applying for this position, I consent to the Swisslinx Group of companies:
- storing my personal information (including name, contact details, Identification and CV information etc.) on their internal or external servers for the purpose of informing me of potential employment opportunities
- using my personal information or
- supplying it to third parties upon express consent for the purpose of informing me of potential job opportunities
- transferring where applicable my personal information to a country outside the EEA/EFTA