C# .NET Analyst Programmer
- Zurich, Switzerland
- Contract, Full time
- 25 Mar 19
C# .NET Analyst Programmer
On behalf of our client, one of the most established financial institutions worldwide, Swisslinx are looking for a dynamic and outgoing C# .NET Developer/Analyst to work on a project to enhance a trading platform.
This is a 12 month contract starting in April, with a strong chance of extension.
This role is part of a new project that will ultimately see the migration of the Precious Metals trading desk from a legacy application based on Endur to a modern vendor application developed specifically for physical bank notes and precious metals trading.
The project involves analysis and reverse engineering of the existing system interfaces and development of replacement interfaces to the new application.
In addition, there are several end user developed spreadsheets that will need to be replaced with interfaces to firm standard applications and a small in-house developed bespoke web application that will be replaced by developing replacement portlets to be hosted in a firm standard website.
- Working independently and closely with existing knowledge holders, under the guidance of the line manager.
- Analysing and reverse engineering existing trading and risk interfaces to understand the requirements for the migration.
- Developing new components using Microsoft .NET C# to interface with up and downstream applications.
- Developing new services to support the web page migration
- Reverse engineering of Excel spreadsheet macros in order to design and develop robust replacement solutions.
- Enhancing and extending existing testing framework and maintaining / improving unit tests.
- Understanding the business specifications, converting requirements into technical solutions
- Documentation of information flows and system processes
- Assist the Support team in investigations and escalations that are beyond their SME knowledge level.
- Ownership of the legacy application until migration has been completed
As the ideal candidate for this position, you will possess the following skills:
- Solid experience as a C# .NET Developer
- Proven experience in requirements engineering and Business Analysis skills, or willingness to take on these responsibilities
- Knowledge of MS SQL
- Excel VBA knowledge would be advantageous for reverse engineering
- Ideally knowledge of banking (ideally within Trading, preferably in Precious Metals or FX) or commodities trading
- Experience with Endur would be helpful, but isn't mandatory
- Motivated and enthusiastic team player with strong communication skills
- Someone that shows initiative and resourcefulness
- Fluency in English (written and spoken)
Our client offers a rare opportunity within banking to work on various technologies across the bank in a challenging business facing role.
Are you interested to work in an international environment in one of the leading financial sectors?
By applying for this position, I consent to the Swisslinx Group of companies:
- storing my personal information (including name, contact details, Identification and CV information etc.) on their internal or external servers for the purpose of informing me of potential employment opportunities
- using my personal information or
- supplying it to third parties upon express consent for the purpose of informing me of potential job opportunities
- transferring where applicable my personal information to a country outside the EEA/EFTA