Client Relationship Manager - Switzerland
Description About this role Client Relationship Manager (AMR)
Corporate Title: VP / DIR
Business / Division: Institutional Client Business (ICB)
Reporting Manager: Head of Institutional Client Business Switzerland
Location: Zurich, Switzerland BlackRock Overview
BlackRock is a global leader in investment management, risk management and advisory services for institutional and retail clients. At June 30, 2020, BlackRock's AUM was $7.32 trillion. BlackRock helps clients around the world meet their goals and overcome challenges with a range of products that include separate accounts, mutual funds, iShares® (exchange-traded funds), and other pooled investment vehicles. BlackRock also offers risk management, advisory and enterprise investment system services to a broad base of institutional investors through BlackRock Solutions®. The firm has approximately 16,000 employees in more than 30 countries and a major presence in global markets, including North and South America, Europe, Asia, Australia and the Middle East and Africa. For additional information, please visit the Company's website at www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock_news | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock Business Unit Overview:
The Institutional Client Business (ICB) establishes and maintains relationships with institutional investors including public and private pension plans, insurances, official institutions, and industry consultants. ICB's product proposition comprises a broad range of both actively managed and index pooled/ segregated investments (traditional and alternative investment products).
The Swiss Institutional Client Business is responsible for growing the business in Switzerland. It works in close partnership with the Portfolio Management as well as other stakeholders like Legal and Compliance teams, Reporting and Operational teams in order to adapt processes to meet customer-specific and legal requirements. Job Purpose/Background:
The candidate reports to the Head of the Institutional Client Business Switzerland, He/she is responsible to proactively expand the sales coverage of BlackRock in the Swiss insurance segment
and the multi-employer pension funds
(Sammelstiftungen). Specifically, take responsibility for the acquisition of new clients and for broadening existing relationships by ensuring a consistent delivery of high quality and seamless service offering. Work in close co-operation with BlackRock's Retail, Index and Alternative specialist sales force. Key Responsibilities:
- Acquisition of Institutional clients in the segment of insurance companies and multi-employer pension funds
- Client service with BlackRock's traditional active and indexed investment products, i.e. segregated mandates, long-only funds and multi-asset class solutions
- Provide actively non-traditional investment products (alternative investment vehicles), i.e. private equity, infrastructure, private credit, real estate, hedge fund and alternative factor products
- Foster cross-selling of all BlackRock products, i.e. iShares, Cash, Transition Management and BlackRock Solutions
- Cultivate constructive and intensive dialogue and cooperation with ICB team members, BlackRock's product specialists and portfolio management departments
- Ensure periodic review of product and service offering, e.g. suggesting new products or client solutions
- Ensuring familiarity with industry and market developments
- Maintenance of client information on BlackRock's database (CRM)
- Bachelor's degree, a Masters is a plus.
- 5 + years of experience in an equivalent role in asset management
- strong existing client network with insurance and/or multi-employer pension funds target segment
- a profound understanding of the Swiss insurance market, investment industry and competitive landscape
- CFA and/or CAIA designation is a plus
- proactive, people oriented team player with good listening and networking skills, an enthusiastic, upbeat communication style and a passion for success
- Ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced environment
- Very strong sales and service orientation
- Track record of ability to prioritise effectively and to take ownership; to analyse and interpret complex solutions in order to resolve appropriate responses to meet client needs
- ability to communicate and interact effectively with personnel at all levels within BlackRock
- Very good presentation and technical skills required
- Advanced skills in Excel and PowerPoint
- German (mother tongue), English (fluency required)
- Has an entrepreneurial spirit and is willing to take on additional responsibility quickly
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
BlackRock's purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of September 30, 2020, the firm managed approximately $7.81 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com/corporate | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock .
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.