Data Analyst (banking)
- Zurich, Switzerland
- Contract, Full time
- Experis Switzerland
- 08 Sep 17
Data Analyst (banking)
On behalf of our client, a leading bank in Zürich, we are looking for a Data Analyst to participate in a regulatory implementation project which covers new accounting standards. For this contract position based in Zurich in Switzerland our client is looking for an English speaking candidate who can start as soon as possible. Are you looking for an exciting new opportunity with a market leading global company then please have a look at the details:
The team handles data quality related to the following issues:
- Hands on involvement in analysis & Adhoc queries
- Escalation of issues to management as appropriate
- Work with a wider global team in delivering business requirements
- Managing multiple project deliverables to tight deadlines
- Working closely with IT, Business and Project Controllers
- Provide Guidance on Engineering and give input and signoff on BRD's
- Act as a data guardian to protect the banks interests and those of Swiss client sensitive information
- Maintain an end to end process overview
- Uphold procedures documentation requirements
- Adhere to Sox's controls and challenge procedures as required in preparation for any audits
- Active involvement in any new business initiatives and support implementation
- Help support and deliver strategic solutions to report capital
- Build up knowledge to become the subject matter expert
- Documenting the Swiss Finance Landscape (Reconciliation process and Exception reporting)
- A close collaboration with IT and the business to assure an internal banking system is working as designed
- The opportunity to work directly with the business to resolve day to day issues that arise and communicate data quality resolution.
- A challenging role to build utility tools that help the business with data quality issues and improve business as usual activities.
- Hands on involvement in analysis and answering of adhoc queries.
- The opportunity to assist in project development work which will simplify and improve internal customer needs.
- Supporting the Business with daily reporting activates and issue resolution.
- At least 3 years of experience in data analysis/ data modelling
- Fluency with databases, tables, SQL Queries, database query tools
- Defect Management - knowledge of testing tools
- Good MS Access, Excel skills, such as usage of pivot tables or data table analysis
- Swiss Banking Secrecy knowledge with Banking / accounting experience in Switzerland (desired, but not mandatory)
- Strong communication skills: Ability to comprehensively communicate with internal customers, colleagues and superiors, both face to face and via telephone
- Ability to apply a logical, structured and analytical thought process to resolving issues
- Service orientation and customer focus for our internal clients
Are you interested in this opportunity? Kindly send us your CV today through the link in the advert. In case of any questions please contact Sophia Alaoui on +41 44 229 99 40. Please feel free to call even though this position might not be the perfect fit for you as we have a lot of positions open in the whole of Switzerland.
I'm always looking for skilled candidates don't hesitate to send me your CV for future job opportunities. Kindly check my page: https://www.experis.ch/sophia-alaoui to see an overview of available positions or connect with me on LinkedIn
Experis IT is Europe's leading IT&T recruitment agency. Take a look at our homepage for other interesting opportunities or call us on +41 44 229 99 99. Experis has more than hundreds currently open vacancies and we will be more than happy to find the perfect role for you! Just visit us on www.experis.ch