Data Management Software Engineer 80-100%
- Zurich, Switzerland
- Permanent, Full time
- Zurich Insurance Company Ltd
- 23 Oct 18
As a Data Management Software Engineer, your main responsibilities will involve:
- Developing and supporting Data Management Framework application(s) ranging from small integration tools to full-blown applications, over time building up an integrated solution suite enabling Data Management to support the enterprise in becoming even more data driven
- Contributing to overall data management capability development, spanning various topics like data modeling, metadata management, data standardization and master & reference data management
- Being part of the development team supporting the Risk Modelling Platform generic components underpinning a range of business critical capital modelling applications
- Supporting incident resolution; working with the BUs to mitigate associated impacts
Your Skills and Experience
As a Data Management Software Engineer, your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- University level education, e.g. Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Engineering Discipline
- 10+ years of experience in enterprise-grade software development
- 10+ years of experience with C# .NET framework development
- High degree of customer focus & end-to-end solution delivery attitude
- Proficiency in C# and object-oriented programming concepts, enjoys writing clear, maintainable code, tests and documentation
- Familiarity with enterprise application architecture patterns (concurrency models, unit-of-work etc.), transactional processing, domain driven design, REST APIs and service oriented architecture including solid skills in managing complexity with decoupling and dependency injection
- Knows how to approach a problem statement, steer the requirements engineering and drive the technical solution design
- Experience in the data management domain (metadata, master & reference, data quality, etc.) are a plus
- Has excellent communication skills, both written and oral, able to interact with different management levels
- Fluent in written & spoken English, German is a plus
You can find additional information about Zurich as an employer and about the candidate journey on our career site.
Zurich Virtual Tour
Enter the fascinating World of Zurich! Learn more about our company and meet some of our employees personally in our 360° Zurich Virtual Tour.
Who we are
Zurich is a strong brand - more than 1.4 million Swiss customers place their trust in our products and services. Our 53,000 employees worldwide form the basis of our success, helping our customers in 170 countries to understand and protect themselves from risk. In order to deliver our services, we offer our employees flexible working models and interesting opportunities for further training & development. As a Zurich employee, you benefit from a multitude of advantages as well as a strong culture, characterized by acceptance, diversity and team spirit.
At Zurich we are an equal opportunity employer. We attract and retain the best qualified individuals available, without regard to race/ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability.
Information for recruitment agencies
Zurich accepts no unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies for this position. We therefore request that recruitment agencies do not submit any candidate documents either via our employees or through our online career portal.
We refuse any responsibility for unsolicited applications as well as any associated fees. Thank you for your understanding.