Data Scientist – Natural Language Processing 80-100%
- Zurich, Switzerland
- Permanent, Full time
- Zurich Insurance Company Ltd
- 22 Apr 18
The new team member will help Zurich's business units to generate business value from the analysis and processing of unstructured data by:
- Implementing proof of concepts and full scale implementations with a focus on text processing and analysis
- Generating insights from unstructured data sources, using a wide range of tools and methodologies (Semantics, ML, DL)
- Advising Zurich business how to generate business value from text analytics and NLP
- Developing new customer solutions based on unstructured data
- Managing the engagement process with multiple stakeholders
As a Data Scientist your main responsibilities will involve:
- Deliver data science projects and initiatives
- Analyze independently business problems and assess right technology approach of how to solve them
- Apply NLP algorithms to analyze business problems and build new solutions
- Review and connect internal and external data sources to generate value
- Present findings to project members and senior stakeholders
Your Skills and Experience
As Data Scientist your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Very strong skills in text classification, entity extraction, clustering & topic modeling
- Familiar with Python and potentially other common programming language such as R or Scala
- Hands on experience in implementing NLP solutions
- First project management experience required
- First work experience in (re)-insurance not required, but a plus
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent written and spoken English (German a plus)
- Good team player
You can find additional information about Zurich as an employer and about the candidate journey on our career site.
Zurich Virtual Tour
Enter the fascinating World of Zurich! Learn more about our company and meet some of our employees personally in our 360° Zurich Virtual Tour.
Who we are
Zurich is a strong brand - more than 1.4 million Swiss customers place their trust in our products and services. Our 53,000 employees worldwide form the basis of our success, helping our customers in 170 countries to understand and protect themselves from risk. In order to deliver our services, we offer our employees flexible working models and interesting opportunities for further training & development. As a Zurich employee, you benefit from a multitude of advantages as well as a strong culture, characterized by acceptance, diversity and team spirit.
At Zurich we are an equal opportunity employer. We attract and retain the best qualified individuals available, without regard to race/ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability.
Information for recruitment agencies
Zurich accepts no unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies for this position. We therefore request that recruitment agencies do not submit any candidate documents either via our employees or through our online career portal.
We refuse any responsibility for unsolicited applications as well as any associated fees. Thank you for your understanding.