Data Scientist Group Compliance 80-100%
- Zurich, Switzerland
- Permanent, Full time
- Zurich Insurance Company Ltd
- 20 Feb 19
Our team within Group Compliance is currently in need of a Data Scientist to join the new analytics and innovation team.
In this role you will be responsible for identifying, assessing, and designing specific solutions to address identified business challenges and provide insights and value to business. Ideally you will be intricately involved in running analytical experiments in a methodical manner, and will regularly evaluate alternate models via theoretical approaches. This is the perfect opportunity to become a part of an innovative and energetic team that develops analysis tools which will influence both our Group Compliance objectives and our final customers.
As a Data Scientist your main responsibilities will involve:
- Work with business stakeholders, colleagues across the Data function and cross-functionally to translate business objectives into clearly defined advanced analytics models and produce business insights in order to support achievement of data and business accountabilities.
- Analyze key themes from a wide range of internal and external data sources in order to identify data industry developments as well as how different scenarios may impact upon the business, and provide recommendations based on this analysis.
- Contribute to the development of advanced analytics model and lead the implementation of these models, ensuring data solutions align with medium-term business objectives and looking ahead to understand future technology options for the business.
- Develop business cases for defined prototype solutions to determine potential benefits, clarify the rationale for investment and support the planning process.
- Discover, learn and apply new and existing analytical techniques and tools to new operational areas of organization.
- Look externally to research primary data sources, select relevant information, continually evaluate key themes in technology
- Identify existing IT assets for new opportunities where possible (e.g. re-use), research best practice and review and analyze detailed business models to support senior management in developing and improving processes and systems.
- Provide specialist advice to address specific technical queries from internal clients and design/develop and deliver appropriate solutions, in line with Zurich's policies and processes and regulatory requirements especially as per Group Compliance objectives.
As a Data Scientist your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Capability to swiftly understand the challenges and objectives of a business area coupled with the relevant creativity to transform them into analytical models and tools
- Proven ability to interact with stakeholders from different business areas and hierarchical levels in proficient English (spoken and written), any additional language is beneficial
- Extensive background in data mining and statistical analysis, profound analytical skills
- Able to understand various data structures and common methods in data transformation
- Excellent pattern recognition and predictive modelling skills
- Bachelors degree (or equivalent) and 3 or more years of experience in related field of Computer Science, Statistics, applied Mathematics
- 3-5 years experience within e.g. data modeling, data analytics, data processing, database programming
- Experience with programming languages such as Java/Python/R an asset
- Knowledge in e.g. ACL, SQL, Tableau, Spotfire
You can find additional information about Zurich as an employer and about the candidate journey on our career site.
Zurich Virtual Tour
Enter the fascinating World of Zurich! Learn more about our company and meet some of our employees personally in our 360° Zurich Virtual Tour.
Who we are
Zurich is a strong brand - more than 1.4 million Swiss customers place their trust in our products and services. Our 53,000 employees worldwide form the basis of our success, helping our customers in 170 countries to understand and protect themselves from risk. In order to deliver our services, we offer our employees flexible working models and interesting opportunities for further training & development. As a Zurich employee, you benefit from a multitude of advantages as well as a strong culture, characterized by acceptance, diversity and team spirit.
At Zurich we are an equal opportunity employer. We attract and retain the best qualified individuals available, without regard to race/ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability.
Information for recruitment agencies
Zurich accepts no unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies for this position. We therefore request that recruitment agencies do not submit any candidate documents either via our employees or through our online career portal.
We refuse any responsibility for unsolicited applications as well as any associated fees. Thank you for your understanding.