DevOps Engineer in Zurich | NatWest Group Careers
Join us as a DevOps Engineer
What you'll do
- This is an exciting opportunity for someone interested in working in an international environment to join us
- You'll have the chance to interact with various stakeholders and share your technical expertise within an agile, collaborative organisation
- You'll be joining our bank as it's transforming its architecture, pushing forward with innovative solutions in various technologies
As a DevOps Engineer, you'll be evaluating architecture choices on an ongoing basis, in anticipation of increased scale and ever-evolving technology to meet the demands of a rapidly growing business. You'll work with technologies such as Kafka and Tyk as well as cloud services to automate platforms and software deployments in a fast paced, scalable, secure and consistent manner.
You'll also be:
The skills you'll need
- Managing the end to end project integration with integrated platforms
- Managing and running production and non-production services with no downtime to customers or colleagues
- Evaluating architecture choices on an ongoing basis, in anticipation of increased scale and ever-evolving technology to meet the demands of a rapidly growing business
- Driving infrastructure and tooling improvements that enable the business to confidently operate at pace
- Establishing a DevOps practice that supports and enables engineers and the business
- Responsible to maintain a high level overview over security implementation related to services you are accountable for
- Working with stakeholders across the organisation to ensure stable services at all stages
To succeed in this role, you'll require extensive experience in working using relevant industry standard toolsets and processes in environment management. You'll need to be a capable communicator with the ability to communicate complex technical concepts clearly to your peers and management level colleagues. You'll need OpenShift/Kubernetes experience, be up to speed on the latest API topics and have a sound knowledge of JWT, IAM, Kafka, Git, Jenkins and Grafana. On top of this, you'll need to have a degree in computer science or engineering.
We'll also look to you to demonstrate:
- Stakeholder management
- Strong analytical and structured mind-set
- Strong English, German beneficial
At NatWest Group, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we'll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles. Who we are
NatWest Services (Switzerland) Ltd is an IT service provider and change enabler for the Wealth Businesses of NatWest Group. Our experienced teams are dedicated, determined and enthusiastic in using their capability and drive for innovation to design, build, maintain and run the delivery of an exceptional and sustainable service to UHNW, High Net Worth and Affluent clients.
The NatWest Group Wealth entities offer its clients a comprehensive range of private banking, wealth planning and investment management services through the Coutts, Adam & Company, Private Client Advice & Investment Services (PCAIS) and Premier Banking brands. To anticipate and respond to changing client demand, there is a growing emphasis on delivering a full range of innovative digital services.