Digital B2B Platform Owner 80-100%
- Zurich, Switzerland
- Permanent, Full time
- Zurich Insurance Company Ltd
- 18 Aug 18
In your role you will act as application owner for the two main market facing technology channels, the My Zurich portal and API channel. You will contribute to the application, development, maintenance and improvement of these applications, managing relationships with business and outsourcing partners to address application performance issues and drive service improvement.
As the Digital B2B Platform Owner your main responsibilities will involve:
- Managing the service delivery of respective externally facing applications according to service level agreements
- Ensuring compliance with IT application, development and maintenance service management governance standards and policies
- Contributing to wider IT strategy, adapting and implementing this strategy in own area of responsibility
- Ensuring that every critical application has a technology roadmap, to maintain related hardware and software and reduce operational risk
- Managing internal and external suppliers as required in the delivery of the relevant applications through any application development and ongoing maintenance
- Contributing to the definition of new vendor services in close collaboration with sourcing management
- Approving operational readiness for projects and releases
- Managing customer satisfaction and service improvement programs, as well as escalation and complaint management
- Customer/employee feedback from surveys, reporting and escalations
- Contributing to the assessment of customer needs, issues and business drivers and recommending process and system improvement to enhance customer service
- Working with IT Infrastructure and application maintenance partners in case of any infrastructure or application related issues and engaging in incident and problem management processes
- Managing key internal and external stakeholder relationships across the organization in order to achieve engagement to change, and providing technical leadership in the design and development of new IT solutions
Your Skills and Experience
As a Digital B2B Platform Owner your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- A master's degree or comparable qualification in information technology or similar
- 8-10 years working experience preferably in the financial services industry, including technical and delivery roles, preferably exposed to externally facing web portals and API channels
- Proven competence and experience in application or platform ownership and management, ideally in the web portal and/or API context
- Profound international project experience, having a clear solution and delivery mindset, being experienced working in an agile delivery environment, feeling comfortable in complex multinational project setups
- Strong facilitation and communication skills
- Experience with and affinity to exploration of new technologies and related opportunity testing - experience in externally facing portals, API, cognitive, RPA and analytics technologies are desired
- Fluent English, capable of leading negotiations at all management levels
You can find additional information about Zurich as an employer and about the candidate journey on our career site.
Zurich Virtual Tour
Enter the fascinating World of Zurich! Learn more about our company and meet some of our employees personally in our 360° Zurich Virtual Tour.
Who we are
Zurich is a strong brand - more than 1.4 million Swiss customers place their trust in our products and services. Our 53,000 employees worldwide form the basis of our success, helping our customers in 170 countries to understand and protect themselves from risk. In order to deliver our services, we offer our employees flexible working models and interesting opportunities for further training & development. As a Zurich employee, you benefit from a multitude of advantages as well as a strong culture, characterized by acceptance, diversity and team spirit.
At Zurich we are an equal opportunity employer. We attract and retain the best qualified individuals available, without regard to race/ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability.
Information for recruitment agencies
Zurich accepts no unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies for this position. We therefore request that recruitment agencies do not submit any candidate documents either via our employees or through our online career portal.
We refuse any responsibility for unsolicited applications as well as any associated fees. Thank you for your understanding.