EXCLUSIVE: Senior Cisco Network Engineer in Zurich for a global IT technology company
For our client in Zurich, a global system integrator and managed service provider that designs, manages, and optimises today's evolving technology environments to enable its clients to leverage data in a digital age, we are exclusively looking for a Senior Cisco Network Engineer. Your tasks:
You will provide technical support to the customers which includes remotely supporting within Service Level Agreements to install and configure software and hardware, resolve incidents, perform root cause analysis and adhere to any related processes such as change management. Furthermore, you are involved in more complex environments for installation, configuration and fault management.
You will also take on other responsibilities such as:
- Problems and issues that cannot be resolved are escalated to the relevant third parties
- Demonstrating project management and administration ability
- Writing reports, proposals and project documentation as well as assisting with the documentation of standard operating procedures relating to installations and fixes
- Displaying leadership and team management ability and delegating lower complexity tasks to engineers and technicians
- Taking the ownership of relevant technologies according to domain or specialization.
To cope with the tasks, you have minimum of 5 years of experience
in a similar role and you are able to demonstrate good administration ability in the form of proposal and report writing, and general project documentation development. Furthermore you hold the certification CCIE (Routing & Switching)
or you will soon have it.
In addition, you can demonstrate knowledge of the following points:
- You have good project skills which are demonstrated in the execution of installations and other assignments
- Liaise with clients on complex issues and be available on-site if needed
- Receive feedback and offer advice on more complex design work
- Assure quality standards for a delivered solution or installation
- Create designs for a solution or installation
- Ensure operational hardware and operational software on client site
- Own and take responsibility for the delivery of a solution or installation
- Fluent German and English language skills are mandatory