Working with an existing team utilising an established research methodology to identify suitable Mid Cap investment opportunities for medium term returns in the global financial services sector.
Title: Equity Research Analyst – Financial Services
Contract type: Permanent
FINCO Search is working with a partner-owned research and investment firm based in Zurich, Switzerland. Established in 2013 the firm has grown in size and geography employing 30 people with offices now also in New York (USA) and Dublin (Ireland). Utilising data science and human expertise they focus on medium term mid cap equity investment opportunities. They are looking to hire and Equity Research Analyst to take responsibility for identifying suitable investment opportunities in the financial services sector on a Global basis.
Duties & Responsibilities
This role will see you carry out the following tasks:
- Bottom-up equity research based on an already established research process.
- Organised meetings to visit potential investment targets.
- Writing up of detailed investment case reports to document the reasoning behind the recommendations for an investment.
- Building and maintaining spreadsheets with financial models of the respective target companies.
- Participation in the investment decision process.
Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Financial Subject (Master’s desired but not essential)
- A deep understanding of the global financial services sector and a general affinity for finance-related topics.
- A general interest in financial markets and long-term stock analysis.
- Proficiency in Excel, a sound understanding of financial statements of public companies, and fluency in English.
- Ability to write detailed reports in English.
- Experience with financial information systems such as Bloomberg or CapitalIQ is preferred but not essential.
- Detailed prior experience in equity analysis in the financial services or a related sector.
Please contact Jonathan Margrave:
Tel: +44 (0)203 927 5082
We work with our licensed Swiss partner Accurity GmbH on all Swiss placements and all candidate applications/data is handled in accordance with Swiss law.