See job description for details
Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking capabilities. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, we have a global reach with operations in about 50 countries and employ more than 45,000 people from over 150 different nations. Embodying entrepreneurial spirit, Credit Suisse delivers holistic financial solutions to our clients, including innovative products and specially tailored advice. Striving for quality and excellence in our work, we recognize and reward extraordinary performance among our employees, provide wide-ranging training and development opportunities, and benefit from a diverse range of perspectives to create value for our clients, shareholders and communities. We are Credit Suisse. We Offer
The Global Financial Crime Controls Testing & Assurance ("FC CTA") function is a globally centralized independent testing program within the Financial Crime Compliance ("FCC") group, which assesses the effectiveness of the design and operation of key 1st and 2nd Line of Defense controls in identifying, managing, and/or mitigating financial crime risks (incl. Anti-Money Laundering, Anti-Bribery and Corruption, and Sanctions). The Financial Crime Controls Testing & Assurance Officer will report into the FC CTA IWM International Lead and will conduct design and effectiveness testing of key financial crime controls primarily covering the International Wealth Management division.
This role is varied and requires excellent communication, management, and analytical skills in order to meet the demand of being part of a global function, under increasing regulatory scrutiny. The role would be based in Zurich.
Responsibilities for this role include but are not limited to:
- Assess the design and operating effectiveness of key financial crime controls through post-event reviews;
- Proactively identify areas of financial crime risk, areas of improvement, and root causes of issues identified;
- Ensure that effective and timely corrective action plans are in place to address financial crime risks and issues identified;
- Prepare reports with detailed summaries to present to Senior Management and control owners;
- Liaise with control owners/performers to discuss identified issues, root cause, severity level, course of action, due dates, and assigned issue and action owner(s);
- Ensure any deficiencies identified in reviews are documented in the appropriate systems;
- Assess results of reviews to identify trends and opportunities for program or control enhancement;
- Support the maintenance of global CTA standards based on regional changes to controls and identified risks and priorities;
- Participate in on-site CTA reviews in non-hub locations, where necessary; and
- Other general FCC responsibilities, as needed.
- A university degree in a finance or law-related area
- At least 4 years of working experience within international banking or financial institutions, optimally gathered in compliance, business risk management, and/or audit
- Familiarity with and knowledge of private banking and wealth management businesses and risks
- High degree of accuracy, attention to detail, and well-organized working method
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English required, knowledge of German is preferred, and additional language skills are a plus
- Ability to work independently
- An open, dedicated, and team-oriented attitude
- Working knowledge of AMLA, AMLO-FINMA legislation and regulations, and FATF international recommendations is preferred, with experience in alternative jurisdiction-specific AML or financial crime regulations a plus
Ms. G. Wiendlocha would be delighted to receive your application.
Please apply via our Career Portal.
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success.