Financial Reporting Specialist - Group Finance
Are you a qualified accountant with experience in analyzing and substantiating financial information? Are you looking for an opportunity to build on your technical knowledge and business understanding within an international finance organization, supporting effective and compliant financial reporting? We're looking for a flexible and proactive individual to help us:
- manage the financial close process (provide instructions to reporting entity controllers, closely monitor and reconcile results, etc.)
- work closely with other finance teams globally to ensure delivery of robust financial information
- own the design and preparation of various disclosures in UBS's interim and annual reports and regulatory filings in accordance with multi-GAAP (IFRS, Swiss GAAP and Basel III Capital Adequacy) requirements.
- proactively establish, develop and maintain internal reporting products that serve as control and governance documentation for financial disclosures and regulatory filings
- manage continuous improvement processes and coordinate the implementation of new accounting and regulatory requirements
You'll be working in the Group Accounting, Controlling & Policy team in Zurich. We are responsible for the preparation and analysis of information in the UBS Financial Statements, ensuring compliance with IFRS and other relevant requirements, with the objective of achieving best in class financial reporting. We are also responsible for the preparation of Group and standalone regulatory filings, including those related to capital adequacy and liquidity and funding, to our primary regulators FINMA and the SNB, as well as establishment of internal accounting control documentation for senior management. By ensuring that UBS's quarterly and annual reporting products as well as regulatory filings are accurate and of the highest quality, the team plays a vital role in protecting the firm's financial reputation, ensuring compliance with international reporting and regulatory requirements thereby enhancing the firm's standing with its stakeholders and within the financial industry as a whole.
Your experience and skills:
- a university degree in accounting, business or similar field
- a qualified accountant certification or equivalent accreditation
- 3+ years experience in a relevant accounting or audit function (financial services industry experience is a plus)
- strong analytical skills and a quick grasp on concepts (a good understanding of the banking business, financial markets & products, treasury/risk management, hedging and legal entity governance is beneficial)
- robust communication skills, ability to articulate concepts in clear and concise terms
- strong MS Office skills (required) and SAP Business Warehouse / Analysis (beneficial)
- a self-starter, with the ability to complete multiple tasks under tight deadlines
- methodical, concise and accurate, with strong attention to detail
- fluent in English (required) and German (beneficial)
Together. That's how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.