- Zurich, Switzerland
- Contract, Full time
- 11 Dec 17 2017-12-11
For our client, one of the most instantly recognisable brands in the banking sector worldwide, Swisslinx are looking for a dynamic Hadoop Engineer with strong Linux engineering skills and knowledge of Hadoop Cloudera to join a newly created team for a 12 month rolling contract in Zurich starting ASAP with a strong potential for extension.
As the successful candidate you will join a small team of four highly qualified individuals passionate about Big Data techniques and help deliver, maintain and support their growing strategic Big Data platform with the intention to transform Regulatory and Compliance department and processes.
You will have the opportunity to build and maintain a big data platform together with our team of engineers and systems experts. In addition, you will help to operate Palantir Foundry running on our Cloudera Hadoop Farm. We are adding multiple terabytes of data each day and our data scientists crunch through them with the help of Palantir Big Data technology.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for monitoring business applications and services in production, mainly based on strategic Big Data platform
- Handling incident tickets as well as customer calls
- Responsibility for Batch job monitoring and troubleshooting
- Parsing and analysing data feeds as well as error checking
- Writing and running scripts on DB for ad-hoc reports
- Application / component administration on Windows/ Unix servers
- Software release and problem management
- Coordination for Disaster Recovery Testing
- Automation of support activity
- Support DevOps principle throughout the team
As the ideal candidate you will bring a versatile technical skill set and strong academic qualifications who can fulfil as many of the following requirements as possible:
- Strong experience with Hadoop Cloudera (ideally Cloudera Hadoop certified)
- Background as Linux Engineer
- Solid experience in a similar role in Big Data/DevOps teams (ideally 5+ years)
- A strong sense of ownership and initiative
- Excellent problem solving and multi-tasking ability
- Fluency in English
We look forward to receiving to hearing from you!