See job description for details
Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking capabilities. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, we have a global reach with operations in about 50 countries and employ more than 45,000 people from over 150 different nations. Embodying entrepreneurial spirit, Credit Suisse delivers holistic financial solutions to our clients, including innovative products and specially tailored advice. Striving for quality and excellence in our work, we recognize and reward extraordinary performance among our employees, provide wide-ranging training and development opportunities, and benefit from a diverse range of perspectives to create value for our clients, shareholders and communities. We are Credit Suisse. We Offer
The Chief Risk and Compliance Office (CRCO) Regulatory Risk team have an opportunity for a Regional Head of CH CRCO Regulatory Risk Management. This role will provide local oversight over a team of experienced regulatory, risk and compliance professionals to ensure that CRCO meets its regulatory obligations with our home regulator, FINMA. The team member will also provide direct management over our FINMA Pillar 2 regular dialogue, Compliance dialogue as well as support Group CRCO and DCCO in their Quarterly meetings with FINMA. This is an enhanced role, which has been created as a result of the merger between Risk and Compliance departments. The role will report into the Global Head of Regulatory Risk, part of the CRCO Chief of Staff organisation. The main responsibilities are managing a team responsible for:
- Management of all FINMA Exams, Deep Dives, Supervisory reviews, meetings and RFIs involving CRCO departments including setting agendas, briefing key business partners before the meetings on key themes, putting together presentations for meetings, review and challenge of materials and addressing post visit follow-ups
- Directly lead & Chair FINMA Pillar 2 dialogue (Covering Stress testing, Model Risk and Capital Adequacy) as well as selected FINMA Compliance dialogues
- Support in preparation of GRCO and DCCO presentations for FINMA and Core College Quarterly meetings plus any ad-hoc FINMA or Core College presentations
- Provision of expert regulatory advice on FINMA rules and guidance notes related to CRCO
- Production of regular MI (e.g. Group Risk report, Weekly RRM report, quarterly ExCo) summarising FINMA CRCO Regulatory interactions and which identifies key themes
- Tracking all upcoming meetings and RFIs in internal tools.
- Management of GCCO and DCCO review and approval process for all FINMA regulatory submissions
- Keep up to date with new FINMA regulations impacting CRCO, and provide briefing to Senior Risk management of implications of new regulation
- 10 years of financial sector experience, including working in Chief Risk Office (CRO) or Chief Compliance Office (CCO) in an investment bank, a consultancy firm or as a regulator
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including an ability to provide clear and comprehensive presentations, write clear and comprehensive replies to regulators, and "make complexity simple"
- Ability to challenge quality and consistency of documents via high attention to detail combined with ability to "step back" and see the big picture
- Desire to get into detail of regulatory rules, including taking both a legalistic approach and understanding the "spirit" behind the regulation
- Strong project management skills, proven organization, coordination and action tracking skills
- Proven managerial skills including setting objectives, prioritisation of tasks, motivation of employees
- Do you have the ability to work well within a sophisticated, matrix organisation, including utilisation of skills and resources, which do not directly report to role?
- Sufficient gravitas to operate with ExB level and CRCO ExCo level members of staff
- Prior work experience on Stress testing, Capital Adequacy or Compliance, and German language is preferable
- You understand the value of diversity in the workplace and are dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture in all aspects of working life so that people from all backgrounds receive equal treatment, realize their full potential and can bring their full, authentic selves to work!
Mr. T. Baumgartner (HLOF 44) would be delighted to receive your application.
Please apply via our career-portal.
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success.