IFRS 17 Project Director GFTS Central Systems work stream 80-100%
- Zurich, Switzerland
- Permanent, Full time
- Zurich Insurance Company Ltd
- 21 Aug 18
The role holder is responsible for managing the IFRS 17 GFTS Central Systems work stream. The work streams' objective is to integrate IFRS 17 group and local requirements into the central Finance systems landscape in collaboration with all other work streams of the IFRS 9/17 program. Furthermore, the jobholder will support the GFTS executive sponsor ensuring delivery in accordance to the program's roadmap and overall GFTS objectives.
As an IFRS 17 Project Director GFTS Central Systems work stream your main responsibilities will involve:
• Managing the GFTS Work Stream on IFRS 17 implementation
• Coordinating activities of the 4 sub work streams "Global Finance Core Change", "FIP Change", "Country Rollout Management" and "PPM Systems Change" according to overall project timeline, budget and individual sub stream project plans
• Ensuring overall GFTS solution components readiness for dry run and parallel run phases as defined in the program schedule
• Managing project reporting, project budget, risks and issues on a regular basis
• Managing relationships to key stakeholders from program, group functions and business units incl. senior management level
• Acting as sparring partner for sub stream project managers, supporting and challenging their activities and ensuring appropriate level of sub work stream integration
• Managing engagement of external vendors in collaboration with Procurement as well as demand into Group IT
• Ensuring project deliverables are appropriate documented according to Zurich standards
Your Skills and Experience
As an IFRS 17 Project Director GFTS Central Systems work stream your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
• University degree in business administration, business informatics or similar
• 10 years of experience ideally in Financial Service industry and some experience in Shared Services environment
• Good technical knowledge of SAP systems with potential SAP qualifications
• Solid experience in management of complex project (project planning, organization, communication, delivery management, stakeholder management) as well as change management
• Experience in people management, either through direct line management or project management, ability to run a project team of 20+ internals and externals
• Strong knowledge of Finance processes and how to implement them into SAP
• Ability to translate technical specifications into senior management language
• Ability to understand business requirements (focus on financial accounting or controlling and/or reporting) and derive standardized local solutions
• Ability to challenge key business and technical requirements and design topics
• Great communicator and good motivator with negotiation skills
• Strong organizational skills and able to multi-task
• Forward thinking in order to determine alternatives
• Language skills: English, other language (German, Spanish) are additional assets
You can find additional information about Zurich as an employer and about the candidate journey on our career site.
Zurich Virtual Tour
Enter the fascinating World of Zurich! Learn more about our company and meet some of our employees personally in our 360° Zurich Virtual Tour.
Who we are
Zurich is a strong brand - more than 1.4 million Swiss customers place their trust in our products and services. Our 53,000 employees worldwide form the basis of our success, helping our customers in 170 countries to understand and protect themselves from risk. In order to deliver our services, we offer our employees flexible working models and interesting opportunities for further training & development. As a Zurich employee, you benefit from a multitude of advantages as well as a strong culture, characterized by acceptance, diversity and team spirit.
At Zurich we are an equal opportunity employer. We attract and retain the best qualified individuals available, without regard to race/ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability.
Information for recruitment agencies
Zurich accepts no unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies for this position. We therefore request that recruitment agencies do not submit any candidate documents either via our employees or through our online career portal.
We refuse any responsibility for unsolicited applications as well as any associated fees. Thank you for your understanding.