Java/Perl Software Developer
Are you a great collaborator? Do you have the ability to stand by agile principles while delivering sustainable solutions? We're looking for an agile developer like that who can:
– collaborate to refine user requirements though test-driven development (TDD)
– meet the high expectations of clients through frequent release cycles of quality software
– test unit and integration of components for integration into larger subsystems
– collaborate with other global IT teams
You'll be working in the Global Financing Services Solutions team in Opfikon. We support the Equity Prime Brokerage business of UBS. Our trade capture and inventory management systems interface with other UBS systems in Switzerland and around the world. We collaborate with other teams around the world, our development team is in Switzerland and Poland.
Your experience and skills
– experience with Java, SQL and Perl programing (ideally Unix too)
– strong analytical, problem-solving and synthesizing skills (you know how to figure stuff out)
– worked within agile development teams
– some experience in investment banking or financial services, ideally
– passionate about technology (it shows both inside and outside of work)
– skilled at improving older code bases, as well as applying modern best practices to new projects
– effective within the complexity, constraints and boundaries of a leading global organization, operating in a highly regulated industry, running on bespoke software
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
What we offer
Together. That's how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Why UBS? Video
Take the next step
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.