Lead Enterprise Data Architect
- Zurich, Switzerland
- Permanent, Full time
- Zurich Insurance Company Ltd
- 17 Jan 19
Lead Enterprise Data Architect 80-100%
The Lead Enterprise Data Architect coordinates the movement, enhancement, integration, quality, and availability of data throughout the company.
As the Lead Enterprise Data Architect, you will consult with information technology, data analytics, platform management, and development staff to assure the data architecture, system architecture and integration architecture are aligned with and capable of supporting the business strategies.
You will develop a detailed knowledge of the underlying data and data products and become the subject matter expert on content, current and potential future uses of data, and the quality and interrelationship between core elements of the data architecture.
The Lead Enterprise Data Architect has responsibility and accountability for determining, documenting and designing how and why the information will be captured, managed, integrated, retained, and exploited with a strong emphasis on business-driven, data-first methodology and design philosophy.
This individual will possess an above average combination of skills such as: business knowledge, technical, people, process and methodology skills to supervise-and-guide: system and data driven integration, data strategy, data governance and comprehensive data management platform implementation.
As a Lead Enterprise Data Architect your main responsibilities will involve:
- Support the design and monitor of the governance process to evaluate the impact of project proposals on Enterprise and Data Architectures
- Guide and assist multiple Solution Architecture domains to ensure Cloud technologies management is appropriate to fulfill the enterprise wide data integration and data strategy
- Ensure a strong focus of the architectures on data quality, data governance and data management practices
- Design, Improve, and Lead the implementation of the integration and movement of data throughout the enterprise
- Collaborate in the design and approval of data acquisition and integration capabilities to assist a broad range of transformations and consumption models
- Define technical standards and guidelines to encourage reuse of existing data, as well as address issues of security, timeliness, and quality
- Investigate emerging technologies and new releases
- Participate in proof-of-concept projects and other projects that are early users of new technologies
- Clearly communicate and support the use of the data architecture to all stakeholders
- Coordinated the documentation of interfaces and data movement, including the frequency of movement, the source and destination of each step, how the data is transformed as it moves
- Providing holistic, systemic and competent strategy and thinking advice to the Head of Enterprise Data Architecture and Data Management
- Liaise with other Enterprise Architecture domains and functions to enable methodology coordination, alignment and calibration of the Group Enterprise Architectures
Your Skills and Experience
As a Lead Enterprise Data Architect your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- University degree in computer engineering or related field
- 10+ years' experience in system and enterprise engineering and architecting, TOGAF Certified Architect is nice to have
- Deep knowledge of the Insurance industry and insurance Enterprise Models
- Advanced proficiency with Data Driven integration
- Expert knowledge of Data Architecture, Data Governance & Data Management
- The ability to lead cloud computing approach, implementation and evolution from a data-centric perspective
- Project management experience a plus
- 8+ years of distributed systems, SOA and Integration experience required
- Analytically minded, critical thinker, problem-solver a must
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Proficient communication skills in English
You can find additional information about Zurich as an employer and about the candidate journey on our career site.
Zurich Virtual Tour
Enter the fascinating World of Zurich! Learn more about our company and meet some of our employees personally in our 360° Zurich Virtual Tour.
Who we are
Zurich is a strong brand - more than 1.4 million Swiss customers place their trust in our products and services. Our 53,000 employees worldwide form the basis of our success, helping our customers in 170 countries to understand and protect themselves from risk. In order to deliver our services, we offer our employees flexible working models and interesting opportunities for further training & development. As a Zurich employee, you benefit from a multitude of advantages as well as a strong culture, characterized by acceptance, diversity and team spirit.
At Zurich we are an equal opportunity employer. We attract and retain the best qualified individuals available, without regard to race/ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability.
Information for recruitment agencies
Zurich accepts no unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies for this position. We therefore request that recruitment agencies do not submit any candidate documents either via our employees or through our online career portal.
We refuse any responsibility for unsolicited applications as well as any associated fees. Thank you for your understanding.